What happened?

Seriously What happened?

Glory Achievements Rewards:

Before:

Now:

During MoP there was recolors but at least 2 raids got unique models, now every raid just have a recolor for Glory Achievements.

Zone Meta Achievements Rewards:

Before:

Now:

This is the only lupine model but it was provided as part of the tutorial for 9.2 system, it should had been the Zone achievement promoting player engagement instead of a Jellyfish/Aurelid that shares model with the Hirukon mount

Go back to Pandaria model on which there was a mix between Unique and recolors on Glory Achievements and BFA Meta achievements, or implement unique models there.

5 Likes

…but the red accent compliments my mog better!!!

Sadly, in the birth of this statement comes the inevitable afterbirth of repetition. :pleading_face:

Crab mount supremacy

The most unique mount they’ve ever made, and it takes months to get

6 Likes

That mount sold me 8.2 before checking if essences were good , the raid…etc, Devs really doubt the impact of that kind of unique mount feeling and it could be attached to a casual meta achievement like it was for 8.2 crab.

…what do you mean “now” they’re just recolors? Other than the ICC skeleton drakes, those two you linked are literally the only ones that aren’t just recolors. Although, the SoO one was the 4th freaking proto-drake released up to that point.

Exactly during MoP, Devs showed a step into a better kind of reward and then “now” during recent expansions comeback to only recolors of other mounts, that Ray from 8.2 Eternal palace could be a recolor but with armor like Galakras, same for 8.2 Crab it was a step in the right direction and then Devs went back to use just recolors.

They’ve a ton of unused recolors because it’s easy to take the texture and change it to another pallet of colors.

This is sort of disingenuous in a way. Yes those achievements give recolors in comparison to some unique models we’ve seen in the past but when we look at the overall xpac I think Blizz gives us far more variety and unique mounts from various forms of content then they ever did in the past.

If we’re looking at the big picture I think things have got a lot better when it comes to mounts and other collectibles.

The png of that Ray mount is so cursed like omg

2 Likes

Most of SL unique mounts comes from easy content:

• Heartbond Lupine - Tutorial protoform synthesis.

• Wildseed Cradle - Treasure Ardenweald.

• Blanchy’s Reins - Treasure/puzzle.

• Arboreal Gulper - rare 100% drop rate.

• Wild Glimmerfur Prowler - rare or anima/offerings.

Those are the only unique mounts besides Mythic raid drops, Devs added cool unique mounts behind really easy content, IMO the best part with unique mounts behind glory achievements or meta achievemetns is that you can see the actual progress of players getting the mount by doing the current content, however this kind of approach for unique mounts just provide the reward for almost everyone at once.

It’s good to have also unique mounts with easy acquisition but they could bring back that style of using an unique or something added to the model for Meta and Glory achievements.

I wouldn’t even count that toad as unique after the armoured vicious one and the 333k gold ones from bfa tbh

I agree with that.

We need more toads honestly

I don’t understand the issue here. What’s wrong with my jellyfish? I love it and I loved earning it.

I hate the crab. I think it looks bad and it’s stupid.

No it shouldn’t have. That Aurelid is epic. That wolf is just another wolf to me and it’s trash now that they ruined both the run and the fly.

(gazes wistfully at the lovely crab mount knowing I’ll never have it cuz I’m just too lazy lol).

:cookie:

#BringBackTheSwimmingAnimation

There’s not issue, Devs can keep their current way to implement things, I just want to show that during some expansions there was a better implementation for rewards IMO.

For me, I don’t consider those other ones “better implementation.” But we all have different opinions!

1 Like