What happened to the Night Elves?

I know this may not mean much, but with Dragonflight coming I would not be at all surprised if there’s a surge in Nelf RP due to their relationship with dragons, particularly the green dragonflight. Hopefully it makes a comeback when we get closer to the expansion.

5 Likes

Yeah there will definitely be a surge in nelf RP with Dragonflight coming, probably closer to launch.

I think it depends on if thats really even explored. Like let’s be fair- their connection to Dragons is not something they explore in modern lore, or really that much in WoW itself at all. I mean, it’s on brand for the current writers to not even know about it themselves when making it lol.

To be completely fair, Night Elf RP is happening atm. There have been guilds mentioned earlier on in the thread, and there is an active effort to create events on the server for them, such as the Jurina’thore festival coming up in June, or the Byltan festival on the 15th. If it makes a lasting comeback likely won’t have anything to do with Dragon lore itself, but blizzards handling of them, and community interest. It’s honestly, way too early to tell for sure if WoW will become the game people want to come back to again. But there are active Night Elf groups to interact with, for people interested.

1 Like

I’m late to this, but the Night Elf scene died when BFA decided to give them two black eyes and expected Darkshore to be the “revenge” they should’ve craved.

They destroyed Darnassus, shoved all the elves into Stormwind and expected people to be okay with it. The lack of updates has only further added more nails to the coffin for a race that should be 100% galvanized to NEVER work with the Horde again. But the direction of warcraft shows the night elves will forgive genocide.

6 Likes

I would like to see some huge patches in the next expansion dedicated to the rebuilding and reclaiming of treasured sites and cities. Perhaps the Dreanei could help the Night Elves Rebuild since they are close neighbors now, OR… have a huge show of reconstruction efforts and aide coming from the Horde side! Be some unease for sure, but would be the step in the right direction. Also… how about the rise and construction of more Neutral cities, maybe even having them start out as outposts/settlements and through collective efforts on both sides (think AQ Gong event) they can become a beacon of the future of peace as a whole. Dunno, I’m just rambling at this point.

2 Likes

Orcs breed them