What happened to the new 'Consecration' animation?

Didn’t they promised us with a new animation?

At least make it glyph please blizzard, if people don’t like it… they can just un-glyph it.

From my understanding, it was argued that it caused too much clutter and made it hard for people to see the “bad” mechanics going out

And the current consecration isn’t clutter? I find it hard sometimes to see some ground effects because it blends in with the current consecration. If it really was an issue, turn down the brightness and make it more transparent.

The real reason I think it wasn’t implemented was a very small minority complained about it. I think the same thing happened to some of new Shaman spell visuals.

2 Likes

Exactly for example bosses like the final boss in Tol Dogor, If you position him in the corner it’s really hard to see the safe spot to stand on during the shooting thing.

i feel like if you play on maybe graphics level 3 and above its pretty easy to see that ground effect. Im usually on level 7 and it shows up pretty obviously.

honestly wondering what graphics level people were playing on when they complained and/or monitor.

at graphics 1 you can’t even see a pally bubble let alone mechanics.

people didnt like it for multiple logical reasons, so it was scrapped.

good thing, too