What happened man

Yes, I remember …
https://twitter.com/Hollyforest/status/1358119286267641858?s=20

1 Like

That’s not ToP and I’m not in that screenshot lol. There was a rogue sapping. Vd walked by. Hadn’t seen him in awhile so we grouped up. I’m talking about your attempt to gank a resto shaman in front of ToP 2 nights ago.

Points for being a Heilung fan. Going to see them in October at an outdoor show. :smile:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Hollyforest/status/1358119286267641858?s=20[quote=“Iconik-emerald-dream, post:23, topic:863965”]
Points for being a Heilung fan. Going to see them in October at an outdoor show. :smile:
[/quote]

Where??? I was planning on seeing them in NY in 2019 but they sold out with in seconds. then covid hit.

Red Rocks in Colorado. The tickets were for last year, but they had to cancel. They re-scheduled for this October.

1 Like

Why are we still here, just to suffer?

They played us like a damn fiddle!

1 Like

It’s no different anywhere else.

Some Chinese guy once said we’re all dust in the wind. I think he oversold it. We’re all just turds circling the porcelain pond until one day we all get sucked down the hole at the bottom

4 Likes

You have a way with words 🥲

4 Likes

What happened to this realm? What happened to WPVP? In many ways, the answer is the same: sharding and WM. That’s what happened. As an RP-PVP server, that affected the community to a considerable degree; in fact, we all kinda knew it would happen, too. That’s why RPers complained about it so much, right from the very start. In a way, it kinda demarcated the “Beginning of the end” of the server community.

I mean, how do you maintain a solid server community, with recognized members and “Big hitters” (like yourself), when everyone is phasing in and out of different shards? The only time we’re around one another these days is when we’re all in the same city, and lucky enough to not be phased into a different shard. A perfect example of just how bad it can get is back at the beginning of SL when they implemented sharding in major cities like Orgrimmar: you’d have friends and guildies in the same city, but on different shards; you had to group up to even see them and interact with them. That’s what most of this game is actually like now. That’s why the world seems so dead and lifeless.

WM was implemented for technical reasons, and not bc anybody actually wanted it. I mean, it wasn’t necessary for any other reason. We all played on an RP-PVP server. We all knew what could happen. It was never a surprise. WM wasn’t necessary for WPVP; in fact, we knew it would be bad for WPVP right from the start. Making a WPVP toggle just made WPVP optional on all servers, further exacerbating problems with participation and community.

Community wasn’t killed by the community; it was killed by the technical changes that were implemented over the course of the past few xpacs. I know you’d like to blame it on contemporary politics, over-moderation, kindness, or whatever else, but that’s not it, Kemosabe.

It still is. You’re not looking hard enough. There isn’t as much as their used to be, perhaps, but it’s still all there. Again: the problem is sharding and WM. These two things adversely affected the existence of a solid server community.

Again: sharding and WM.

Sharding and WM.

Lol. If you really wanna talk to ppl, you might try not being overly obnoxious, Mort. I mean, being obnoxious isn’t gunna get you a lot of positive attention - if any at all, mind you. It’s not bc ppl are “Too soft”, it’s bc ppl just don’t care to play that way. Honestly: it’s boring. It’s like playing w high school kids who think that garbage like that is super funny. It’s not witty. It’s not immersive. It’s not RP. It’s just annoying, like a pesky mosquito flying around your ear on a hot summer evening.

You got harassed more when you were younger bc you were younger, and that’s what kids tend to do to one another. Grown adults don’t get harassed nearly as much, obviously, precisely bc we’re grown adults who know how to behave better - mostly.

People behaving better doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “On edge” about bad manners and bad language - for instance, it could just mean that many people have grown up and stopped acting like high school kids.

Are we really trying to make being an obnoxious, bad-mannered jerk into a virtue? :laughing:

Ppl: “Yeah, I remember the good ol’ days where ppl used to treat each other like trash.:laughing:

…If Western society is struggling due to the implementation of sharding and WM perhaps.

The “Clownshow” clearly still exists - case-in-point: this thread.

Maybe part of the reason the community is struggling, outside of phasing and WM, is bc of this “Ed ShOuLd Be A cLoWnShOw” mentality? Maybe ppl are tired of the “Clownshow” and are ready to grow up and act like adults, as opposed to acting like 20-yr olds who flex in front of the mirror and call that, “Working out?” Times have changed. Ppl are growing up. Deal with it.

Anyways, that’s enough for this thread. Nothing wrong w ED. Most of what’s wrong with ED is wrong w most servers rn - namely, phasing and WM. Ppl growing up and wanting to engage in a more “Grown up” community, where ppl behave reasonably well, isn’t strange or surprising; nor is it a bad thing for the community.

Thanks for your time,

Chän

7 Likes

One thread constitutes a clownshow. You should have been around years ago. This is nothing.

He’s talking about WPVP. What’s not adult about wanting to engage in the kind of WPVP that made ED what it was? You’re new to the realm aren’t you?

2 Likes

I suppose it’s easy to dilute the progressive decline of everything to one issue, but the server’s community has been declining for many years. WM and sharding was merely the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Sharding and WM wasn’t the sole cause of RPers leaving in droves. It wasn’t the sole cause of lag-scale WPvP discouraging people to fight. It also wasn’t the sole cause of GMs of large guilds to step down from the game entirely. It played a hand, but only at its end when everyone was simply tired of the long, strange house party. People grew old, people moved on with their lives. Those who remained merely inherited a corpse, and the rest left to classic or elsewhere hoping for greener pastures.

I think ED will never return to its former glory, whatever glory it had. We’re merely adrift now atop something that’s a shell of its former self.

…I suppose that’s no reason to stop trying though.

https://youtu.be/V0EZobdiJ4M

2 Likes

Another big thing that lead to the server’s downfall was the stupid unnecessary gatekeeping. Oh you weren’t on this server from the start? You don’t belong here.

It’s really dumb as hell, but think about how many people that shared a love for RP-PvP would’ve stuck around if they weren’t constantly bickered at by server boomers. Even the server boomers were constantly fighting amongst themselves. “I was here since MoP” “REEEEE NOT GOOD ENOUGH I WAS HERE SINCE CATA REEEEEEEE”

I’m a lil drunk so I’m sorry if this sounds stupid and makes no sense.

5 Likes

No I don’t mean mechanically obviously. It’s an awkward conversation when talking to a literal furry so I’m not gonna bother, plus you’re kind of an example of what I’m talking about anyway

8 Likes

There were too many Care Bear Alliance on ED. They got farmed every single day by the premier Horde guilds, and the realization about how trash they were set in pretty quick. They knew they would never be able to put up a fight due to their rock bottom skill cap, so they transferred to WRA, and do all their crying and whining over there now.

Another factor was my retirement. I was, and still am, a respected leader in the WoW community, and things haven’t been the same since my departure. I used to lead daily WPvP events, and hosted a very successful bounty board. When I left, it created a void, and many felt lost without my leadership and presence. Maybe one day I’ll return to restore WPvP (and many other aspects of this game that people relied on me for) back to its former greatness.

2 Likes

probably doesn’t help that this server used to be 50:50 alliance:horde but now its probably more like 25:75. but yea phasing and opting out of pvp killed a lot of realm goodness.

2 Likes
  1. Chan is correct in that Blizzard degraded the concept of a realm community (phasing, sharding, LFG channel War Mode). This is primarily why I play Classic.

2. Retail took a dive (BfA), which drove players away.

3. Gearing system in Legion/BfA were not friendly to RP-PvPers. Before, with actual PvP sets and PvP vendors, it was easy enough to gear up for WPvP.

4. Late-MoP and onwards, ED attracted too much non-RP zerg guilds

5. Not enough people championing strong RP-PvP guilds

So, as a result of all this, some players fled to stronger RP realms (ED no longer had the monopoly on RP-PvP ruleset with WM introduction) or stronger realms communities (Classic).

Sad to say, I don’t think ED will ever recover.

2 Likes

Since we cant go back to what it was for many, lets just make something new then.

3 Likes

Just bc I main a Vulpera rn doesn’t mean that I’m new to ED. I’ve been around on ED for a long time. Secondly, before some wiseacre pipes up and says, “I dOn’T rEcOgNiZe YoU”, we gotta keep in mind that not all ppl were ever as vocal as everyone else - even if they were around.

I get what you’re saying, as I’ve been around on ED for quite some time - I witnessed the migration of countless players and guilds away from ED (I played w some of the ppl and guilds that left, actually); however, I still argue that sharding and WM are largely responsible for killing the community, precisely bc it makes it practically impossible for a struggling community to bounce back. ED was struggling, but it would survive. The problem is that we can’t go back now - and the reason we can’t go back is bc of sharding and WM.

It’s not the only problem. Ditto. That said, it’s a big part of the problem, esp. now, bc it means a server community can never really truly exist like it did before.

True - but it does hamper the ability of the server community to regrow, doesn’t it?

This is a big true; however, not everyone left - which is kinda something I was talking about. Many “Old hats” remain, but their attitude has changed over the course of time. They’ve matured, they’ve grown up, and they’re looking for more mature groups/content/behaviour. ED isn’t as “Noisy” and as “Raucous” as it was before precisely bc the players making up the player base are growing up - but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It does mean that ED has changed.

Ppl claiming that ED is dead are being a tad melodramatic. ED is not dead. It’s not exactly thriving, but it’s also not dead. ED has great potential and will likely survive. The ppl that will keep ED alive are the RPers that have remained - insofar as they’re willing to put up w ppl like Heltor.

What in the world is a “Literal furry?” Ppl aren’t furries merely bc they happen to play a Vulpera, Worgen, Panda, Tauren, or a Druid in a video game - not sure if your smooth brain figured that one out yet. I mean, by that logic, ppl who play Forsaken are into corpses; ppl who play Gnomes are into age-play; ppl who play Blood Elves are all either females, trans, or gay; ppl who play Humans are boring and unimaginative, etc., etc. You can’t apply labels like that.

Secondly, and more importantly, who cares if ppl are furries (etc.) IRL? Why does that even matter? In what way does that affect the game? I mean, nobody GAF that you work at McDonald’s and live in your mom’s basement, so why should you care if some person who plays WoW also likes to dress up in a fursuit IRL from time to time?

An example of what? I’ve done nothing wrong. I’m just out here, minding my own business, enjoying the game as I see fit to enjoy it - and currently, that means RPing as a Vulpera. Got a problem w that?

The really irony here is that its actually ppl like you that are part of the problem: you drive RPers away from an RP server by behaving like an obnoxious jerk towards RPers. I mean, banter is one thing, or even RP’d racism… but this is something else - for instance: trying to shame ppl for playing x race. Why? Why do you care so much about what race another person plays in a video game?

You’re an example of why ED has a bad rep. as one of the more toxic RP realms. Is it any wonder that ppl left in the droves? Ppl just got tired of it.

ED isn’t dead yet.

Thanks for your time,

Chän

2 Likes