What happened man

Funny. I’ve never seen yours in over a decade and a half. No shared short story in any RP thread. No character profile on an external site. No TRP3.

I did on the old forums, and I haven’t played (or posted) much since the new forums went live.

You not seeing stuff doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. :wink:

1 Like

And you saying you did it on old forums no one has the ability to reference doesn’t mean you actually did it. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry: what I wrote was remarkably average.

1 Like

Surprised you didn’t have a screenshot of your remarkably average RP backstory ready to share with us all.

Well, there is this from the Grobbulus forums: I’d say its average. :slight_smile:

edit: I’ll note that most of Xeer the Troll’s backstory was written long after PreBC, so the cited “work” is trimmed to account for that.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/grobbulus-character-profiles/287070/2

1 Like

We can bring it back.

1 Like

Doubtful. Retail is for bedwetters, all the cool kids went to classic

1 Like

There was as time when this server was bursting with people. During the beginning of WoD we became the most populated NA Server. An impressive thing, what drove people here was the Wpvp and the community. It is clearly different than WRA & MG, and in many ways, it was significantly better. It had a clear advantage over the straight pvp servers. The fact that guilds had back stories and a story behind it gives it a rich depth that no other server could truly replicate.

I will say in regards to this server people like me are to blame. The idea that zerg guilds ruined the server is myopic at the best. It caused problems and that is true. Many of the people that learned to adapt prospered even amongst the rp guilds. Many lacked the ingenuity to be able to change with the times. They blamed the pvpers. The only fault of the rpers is that they refused to adapt to change. Although, it is okay to not like the way change is going, complaining without doing anything is nothing short of cataclysmic failure. It lies at the feet of everyone, the pvpers did not help anything. But we did nothing as it spiraled and those that didn’t want to do anything went for greener pastures. If it means anything all the guilds that moved to other servers were crushed within months, there were only two that made it and one of them was disbanded.

But in terms of my role. I take responsibility for my behavior. I loved this server, I had a bad childhood and I made a family in DoA. I would’ve done anything to protect it. But with me not taking care of myself, my physical health declined and my mental health with it. I saw everyone as an enemy, and in self-righteous indignation I attacked anyone and anything. I did nothing to help the declining situation.

I don’t want this to sound odd. But this server and the community served as a family for me, as mine was not good. I enjoyed this server and everything it offered. I learned a lot about people and most importantly myself. I got to see the best of myself and the most terrible. It was nothing if not a journey of enormous proportions.

I dream of walls, and hearth of wood.
A home of peace both fair and good.
My love is there, in Stromgarde’s hold, waves of the sea on hills of old.
And 'ere I went, to lift my hand, I left my heart upon the sand.
When duty’s done, and glory earned, I swore my heart, I would return.

I encourage everyone to learn something new and reach out to the world around you. The most terrible part of you is still part of you, work with it, and make it part of you as a whole. But remember, to have some fun today.

10 Likes

I gotta say, WoD wpvp was the most fun i ever had in this game.
The more i look at it the more i miss it.
Even all that multiboxer drama that happened.
I still laugh when i remember wiping malseph on my warlock with a shadowburn/havok chain.

1 Like

I’ve never heard anyone say this. Is this a popular opinion? I always thought it was a mess.

Vanilla to Cata was the epitome of wpvp on ED.

2 Likes

I remember me and a buddy rolled feral druids and we were shredding max leveled players in Gorgrond. Felt so good to be OP.

1 Like

WoD was great.

There were a few exceptions, but balance was pretty good overall.
And the gearing was easy.

Servers were beginning to be phased, but World Defense still existed, and you had better control over which phase you ended up on.

Raid leader decided where you were. None of this guessing game bull.

2 Likes

i remember killing predatoria in warspear as a warrior multiple times and having me unleash mania on me and my friend lmfao.

1 Like

So I shouldn’t have come back…? Anyone know a server that Wpvps like we used to?

I remember your guild last time I played. Figured WSB was still tearing it up but I hardly see anyone since returning, reds or blues. Think the Dream finally died

Another “I left the server, whys it not exactly like it was before?”

Guess you just had to be there

Took me 2 “red is ded” ganks from a 60 while leveling in the low 50’s to turn wm off and never look back. It was fun when you had a good guild you could call on for reinforcements, etc, usually led to some fun wpvp…develop some rivalries, build some RP events around it.

Now, getting ganked is just a temporary annoyance.

1 Like

Wow two ganks is all it took? How did you survive pre-warmode?

4 Likes