What graphics setting controls this?

As I zoom out on my characters, a couple things happen. Their hair will start to show through certain helmets like in the gif above, and the animation of their hands will change.

I’ve messed around with in-game settings and nothing seems to effect it, and I have no idea what I’d even be looking for my graphics card settings.

I have an ancient GTX 950, so I’m willing to believe it’s just not set up to render stuff beyond a certain point, but it would be nice to know either way.

The only setting I know of which would affect that is one which hasn’t been visible in the in-game configuration since patch 3.1.0 - over 12 years ago. The specific setting is related to Z precision, which could be set between 16-bit (for performance) and 24-bit. This could also cause other “Z fighting” issues when models pass through each other.

/console gxDepthBits 24
/console gxRestart

That may remedy the situation. Or it may do nothing, as it should already be set to 24-bit (excepting the use of a macro/mod/config file which explicitly changes it).

It could also be possible that the LOD models are corrupted or outright missing. So it may be worth running a Scan & Repair just to be sure.

Thanks for the advice. You’re right in that that command didn’t seem to do anything.

It did remind me of the CVar Browser in the Advanced Interface Options addon, though, but I have no idea what half of these terms/abbreviations mean, and I’m not really keen on going in and fiddling with stuff without knowing what I’m doing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.