What exactly were these guys working on?

Remember when they extended the phase 3 by who knows how long? what were they even working on? lets see what we have here in phase 4 and its lack luster unless youre an ultra sweat lord.

Were in a spot where we want to get pre bis, but the pre bis is the tier quest line because now the tier is good. The quest line is expensive, time consuming, and gate kept in a way where if we farm a dungeon 20 times and our magisters legs dont drop, we cant even continue it.

I just was involved in a thread where someone suggested we use “Reals” to purchase our tier pieces, the ones that drop in scholo etc. The gear from the Real vendor isnt even good for mage. Its very lack luster, im not even buying anything. Its great we can buy the flask recipes!

Anyway, ill ask again what in the world were they even working on? There was still a lot of bugs. I thought thats what they were ironing out? Doesnt it just make you wonder what they actually were doing?

maybe the next phases of the phase will surprise us…

3 Likes

idk what it’s like with warriors now, but I’m not gonna bother getting T0.5 on my tank pally. Deathbone and stuff will be good enough until I start getting my T1.

Also, they released a new dungeon, though I’m not sure that really justifies the length of P3.

Was just so people would play Cata (Retail Classic). Which I don’t care about at all. Nor did most people. So now SoD is ruined.

I do mention you have to be a sweat lord because me and my guildies literally played all day for 3 days straight and most of the 4th day. Im on my 5th day of playing (and i didnt sleep lastnight i playd all thru) and i still dont have much of a dent in my pre bis AT ALL. Tomorrow I have to get back to work but jeez. Ive never been this sweaty. I havnt even showered in 5 days. I have made progress in a lot of things but the average player must feel extremely behind

4 Likes

What an amazingly terrible way to play a game.

2 Likes

I’d like to hear everyone else’s experience with phase 4 so far. So far it just feels like were playing a regular classic server and doin our pre bis dance

1 Like

its definitely not casual-friendly, you cant even pick up the quests for the event when its not going on. took me a few tries to even get started. And theres no vendor for the embers so I dont even know if its worth wasting my time getting ganked for 0 honor doing them

To a large extend that is how it feels. The pre-bis dungeon dance is pretty iconic, though, so I am enjoying it. The BRM event I am pretty much passing on, for now.

With that said, I do think they did an A+ job re-working Warrior tanking. It feels good with the changes to Thunder Clap, Defense to AP and the addition of Shockwave.

Also, I do enjoy the new gearing and figuring out the new BiS and class rotation. I would have never looked at Kazzak’s loot table in the past.

2 Likes

yeah i cant wait for the raids! I hope there is more surprises waiting for us.

Cata

1 Like

Same - its like crack. I have to take a step back.

well heres the thing i took a few days off work because i wont get the chance to in the comming few months. I wanted to get in as good of a spot as possible to maintain a raid log schedule with the guild. Once a week we raid. The rest of the time I work a lot. So im in a good spot now to be an asset to the raid going forward.

The thought did occur to me tho that they did say they were working hard on sod and all this and that. Of course there were a lot of bugs theyre fixing now. But they said they wanted to launch the phase with no bugs lol. It just feels like were playing a classic server tho with new abilites. Im having fun tho and I like SoD.

They didn’t start working on p4 until after they announced they need to extend p3. They were working on Cata the whole time. They were rolling out bug fixes and content and adjustments for Cata that entire time.

They needed more time for p4 because they simply had not started on it. All of what you see in p4 is what they did in between that announcement and launch.

Fairly impressive for a few weeks dev time, honestly.

1 Like

I’m liking it. It feels like regular classic with some tweaks which I’m cool with, as getting ready for raids was always my favorite part of the game. I also appreciate the delay on MC as I’m being a filthy casual this time around.

My biggest criticism of SoD has always been the phases. I personally would like to see them go away and just let me pewpsock to 60 next time they do a seasonal server.

The rings are busted…idk what you are smoking

2 Likes

Let’s not kid ourselves here. Lots of people are playing cata.

for pvp sure but the rings dont matter in pve

the new dungeon?

also…“guys” ? how much staff do you think is dedicated to SoD?

One.

there is one dev and he has a staff by the chair which he uses to walk.

hahaha yeah i feel the sentiment for sure