What exactly does lucid dreams do for enhance shaman

Hey everyone. I have a question regarding enhance shaman dps. I look at bloodmallet frequently for data and what to choose for dps, but i really have not been able to understand something lately. The lucid dreams minor is apparently one of the best minors for enhance, and i have definitely started doing more damage, but i dont understand why. It gives a vers boost sometimes, and refunds maelstrom. The thing is, i cap maelstrom so often and if the vers boost was all i wanted wouldnt CaS just be better? Just to clarify, i know it is a good minor, i just want to know why it does so good when the tool tip makes it seem bad.(on a side note, does anyone have any tips for single target enhance? my aoe is pretty good rn, but my single target is terrible for my ilvl. Iā€™m trying to get condensed life force which im sure will help a lot with ascendance, but for now i dont have that.)

You use lucid dream as minor with fury of air talent. That talent give the minor a insane vers proc uptime and you get more self heal when it proc.

Beside that I would recommend watch waves enh guide on youtube, pretty much tell you how to play enh properly in pve

1 Like

in my personal experience sunder is way better especially with wolves and blood of the enemy, im talking purely aoe. Ive tried both and my dps is noticeably worse. if im not running fury of air is it worth running?

Sunder, elemental spirit and blood of the enemy will pop most burst damage on trash packs. Sunder also provide aoe cc that give a lot of value.

Fury of air provide constant damage and make you more tanky and give you more healing.

Personally i would always run Sunder/Elemental spirit/Blood of the enemy. If we need more boss damage or/and i have to be more tanky, i would run fury of air with ascendance

my dps is terrible with ascendance :confused: do you run condensed life force for major when running it?

Yeah since they work really well together.

Ascendance is all about spamming those windstrike and hope for procs.

i only have that green rn, its gonna take me 2 more weeks to get rank 3 sadly.

Essence are a big difference, rank 3 big rock dps increase is massive with the haste boost

generate maelstrom for your spec that isnt starved of maelstromā€¦lol.its more used as a secondary essence then main for the healing and maelstrom gen it gives.

I would be inclined to say your observation of higher dps from the Lucid Dreams minor is just from low sample size. You should go hit the target dummy for like 5 minutes at a time a few times. Lens of the Focusing Iris would be a much better pick as a minor.

im talking about my experience with dungeons, blood mallet also shows that lucid does higher dps on cleave and ST

you might not be including the vers that gives your damage a boost to each ability.

Lucid+FoA is not about DPS, its about survivability. Its what ENH shamans use in PvP because survivability is trash. If you are going PvE, just go wolves+Sundering.

Bloodmallet gets awkward to use when it only provides information for a single spec. Better to use raidbots to sim permutations with your own gear and use BM more as a compass than a map. Imo anyway.