What ever happened to "You think you do but you don't" guy?

He was the former president but J Allen Brack was still part of making official Classic servers. He headed a lot of the interviews when it was announced and was even the one addressing the community directly to see if there were any compromises to be made before they went for it.

Aye, but it wouldn’t be J.A.Brack’s call to initiate it. That’s what I mean. I even think it was Mike who recieved the petitions from Mark Kern on behalf of the community is memory serves right. :smiley:

True. But it’s a group effort.

Mark Kern didn’t even get to hand in the petitions before Blizzard addressed the community. It was a nice visual gesture, though.

idk seems like there is a common consensus on what people want with a few outliers.

I mean… he was the one that literally got on stage and made the announcement for Classic servers wasn’t he?

At this point its like… Yeah it was a silly statement, but the guy has eaten his words 10x over and announced Classic. Its fine to get off his back at this point. Hes paid his penance. That couldn’t have been easy to have to get up on stage and swallow your words like that, lol. Felt good watching though.

6 Likes

This is why I think he should step down from his position… He said it in such a rude way… J. Allen Brack has no insight into what the gamers and fans want… Oh do not forget the Diablo on mobile phones idea which should have been a big hell no and he greenlit…
If they had any insight they would see the hundreds of millions in donations going into something like Star Citizen and think about making a flight sim with StarCraft or Overwatch in mind shrug

1 Like

Next blizzcon supposed to be the biggest one in years. Maybe something good will happen (x - doubt)

Shirley!

So basically we thank Bobby Kotnick for Classic?

Pretty sure hes laughing all the way to the bank

1 Like

This is a bunch of rubbish.

In this day in age, everyone makes a statement…

…and then when there is outrage or negative discourse…

“Oh, see. What I really meant was insert random unapologetic excuse!”

I understand why people don’t admit they are or were wrong though. You can’t even apologize anymore without justifying or confirming someone’s tainted beliefs about your character.

However, his type of attitude, “We know more than you because we created the game so we will do what we want!!” seems pretty much the norm in regards to Blizzard staff.

He meant what he said.

He just didn’t expect backlash.

Holy necro Batman.

Regardless, vanilla does have crappy aspects.

• The professions are a pain for no reason.
  • There is so much running here and there - a bit is fine to change the scenery but this I consider somewhat excessive.
  • Finding a dungeon group can try your patience. Yes, I know you are suppose to build contacts like in the old days. Unfortunately that culture died with LFD and now I don’t know if it’s appropriate to just whisper someone you barely know to ask if they are interested I’m running a dungeon.
  • … etc.

While combat and class design is great. Frankly, I’m starting to burn out.

Many came back to relive their youth. Many are playing the first time. How many will actually get to 60 and see Molten Core …

Might be too early to call it. Some players are already asking for server merges.

I doubt it.

He probably wakes up, realises he’s made a thousand dollars while he was asleep and goes back to bed.

1 Like

In charge of Blizzard’s policy regarding CCP relations apparently.

He was* lmaoooo

He was* lmaooo

The quote is still true.

We THOUGHT we wanted Vanilla WoW.

What we got, due to the insane needs of #NoChange, was not what anybody wanted…even though Blizzard gave us what we wanted!

World buff stacking META trolls ruined it for everyone.

While it’s true, to an extent, that this is part of what ruined Classic for me, I in no way regret the time (~1 year) I spent with it.

While I’m not having a very good time in Shadowlands, dungeon and raid content continue to be fantastic. However, Classic was a pure joy for leveling experience and a more old school dungeon crawl feel.

I think most folks realize that #SomeChanges might have been a better option; however, even #NoChanges was a fun ride. I’m glad we got it and now I just hope Blizzard gives Classic Era some love (server merges, maybe fresh, etc…) to give those folks who do like what it ended up being a place to continue playing.

1 Like