What does your character do when you're not playing?

Pretty self explanatory topic. What does your character do when you’re not driving them to do great heroic deeds?

I’ll start…

Zaltaan was born in Brill, in the Kingdom of Lordaeron, along with his twin sister, Zaltaana (my DK alt). His mother bred horses, and his father sold them, along with carriages he made himself. Zaltaan was never interested in the breeding of horses, or the building of carriages. His head was always in the stories he heard of Uther the Lightbringer, and his young protege, Prince Arthas. He was always pretending he was fighting freshly escaped orcs with them, and saving the kingdom. As time went on, and the stories switched from Orcs to undead, his fervor for the Light, and the ability to wield it, never changed. He always wanted to be a Paladin.

But, as a child, he was unable to escape his parents orders. “Zaltaan, help your sister clean that carriage! The customers are taking delivery tomorrow evening, and if I can’t eat off the floor of it, the Light help you, boy,” was a recurring refrain in their shop. So he learned the trade, learned how to sell a carriage, learned the breeding of horses, but he did everything he could to avoid needing to build them. He had the knowledge, but… he just hated building things. He just had no interest.

When Arthas returned from Northrend to the Capital City, we all know what happened. Zaltaan’s parents were killed shortly after the betrayal, and his sister disappeared. I actually wrote a short story about his experiences here, and how he ended up in Stormwind. Suffice it to say, it was a long journey, and on that journey, he had discovered that the Light had taken pity on him, and granted him it’s strength.

By the time he arrived in Stormwind, he only had the money that was on him, and a small cart he pulled himself. He sold it for a pittance, and bought himself an axe, and set to work, thanking the Light that had saved him that he’d paid enough attention to his father when he was teaching him his craft…

Today, Zaltaan doesn’t need to build the carts. He doesn’t even really need his business as the Kingdom of Stormwind’s premier luxury carriage seller. But the business has taken on a life of its own, and people love his product, and the very fair prices his company charges. It’s also been voted the #3 best place to work in the whole Kingdom of Stormwind (though there was talk that night elves may have hacked the vote).

When I’m not driving him, I like to think he’s touring his dealerships and making sure that they’re being run properly, all of his employees are treated fairly, and that all of his customers are satisfied.

On a related note, can anyone guess what I do for a living outside of the game? :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

When Orlok isn’t being driven to acts of increasingly suicidally proportions, he spends his time in deep contemplation. He recalls his adventures, his life, and his mistakes throughout. All for the purpose of fanning the flames of his rage. To focus it so he can unleash it against the next set of enemies the next day.

4 Likes

At the Seamantle Estate, taking care of her children. She has two of them - Morgana and Eyndu. She also takes trips to Val’Sharah to meet and talk with family there.

2 Likes

The lives of most of my characters is decidedly mundane. Zhaoyang for example, the main character I portray on this Monk, spends most of her time roaming Stormwind or sometimes meditating.

I’d say the most interesting might be with one of my Mage characters, Astrea, who typically spends much of her time in home lab, either scrying, mapping leylines, or researching/replicating one of several ancient artifacts in her collection.

2 Likes

After the fall of the Legion, and never having tasted anything more than light wine and cider in her centuries as a Night Elf, Zirahael has seized the oppertunity and is currently going on a world spanning tavern crawl across Azeroth in order to test the supernatural capabilities and constitution of her demonically enhanced physiology against the best the brewers of the different continents can throw at her.

5 Likes

When Aeridaras Duskslayer isn’t out stalking unsuspecting victims from the shadows, he either broods in a dark corner of the Slaughtered Lamb inn drinking strong ale,

OR

He is sitting on the banks of Olivia’s Pond, fishing up jewelry and rare exotic water-life, or picking flowers.

3 Likes

Valdrane, being an extremely adept alchemist, works on improving the Forsaken Plague even further.

Using his knowledge, he attempts to create a plague that not only kills it’s victims, but also raises them as Forsaken.

He has come close, creating such a plague that does indeed raise them, but as mindless ghouls or skeletons, their minds destroyed by the process.

When he does actually create this new plague, Azeroth should beware. He will indiscriminately launch an all out attack on every living being inhabiting Azeroth.

2 Likes

Probably just goes about his day.

Files his taxes, makes food, tools around with alchemical experiments, works on addressing the various greviances of Forsaken refugees in Orgrimmar.

Wonder what passes for entertainment in the Orcish Capitol. Doesn’t really seem to have a traditional bookstore or theater. Which is a shame who wouldn’t like to see Mag’Har drama?

3 Likes

She goes to Goldshire on the weekends I don’t play because it’s the weekend and the weekend is for ho shizz.

1 Like

Oaglor spends his free time either hunting with Veloco (Oaglor’s pet raptor) or tending to his hidden stash of red objects (feathers, hair, jewelry, vials of blood, blood troll arms, etc). His most prized possession is a Horde banner he recovered during the Northrend campaign.

Oaglor moves this stash about once a year when the Horde goes to some new exotic land. He hires mages during these moves and pays them extra to not ask any questions about it.

2 Likes

When she is not aiding the Alliance or carrying out missions for her guild, Senya will find somewhere to eat and sleep like a good panda.

1 Like

My Dwarf Priest will be fishing in some lake or river in Elwynn Forest, mostly with one of his brothers who lives there and with who share the house. The rest of the family is at Dun Morogh. His brother sell the fish, but he gets most of his income from a party of adventurers who made good things but with a price, wich is not bad for him because after all you need some gold in order to live. Anyway, both brother use to share the incomes that they get.

He also loves to hang out in Goldshire (i don’t play in Moonguard), and other places where humble folks are. He will start a conversation with any random stranger, just to have fun and a good time. And if it’s possible he will preach him about the Light. Also if he find out that some person is ill or injuried, he will ofert to heal him for free.

He also likes to be in his home in a confortable chair reading and somking a pipe. He likes to read mostly about the Light, but also about the nature of corrupted magic and corrupted creatures in order to purge them and defeat them.

1 Like

Ever since the Pandaria Campaign Death Knight Gharion found himself with a clingy opportunist he nevertheless felt obligated to protect and nurture. Said shameless opportunist just so happened to be a dark whelping he had gotten roped into seeing grow into adulthood (and put down should she prove to be like the rest of her kind).

Other than that, when he’s not out killing things he spends his time building up and furnishing his new house- said new house being some underground ruins he had found once.

1 Like

I shudder to think.

2 Likes

When I’m not driving him to actually DO something with his life, Raede spends his time in his apartment in Dalaran (one of the only places on Azeroth where he could live with his wife) cursing himself for believing the lie of some demons and preferring to forget that he’s a demon hunter. He tries to keep some more rogue-like skills honed, as he was a rogue before he turned.

In the meantime he picks herbs and concocts both poisons and antidotes for poisons. Preferring to be the best citizen he can be so as to not make a bad name for demon hunters, he gives the antidotes away for free should someone be of immediate need.

The rest of the time he spends waiting and hoping that his wife Revenwyn will get some reprieve from her duties with the Alliance and be able to spend a weekend with him.

2 Likes

I’d imagine she’d do simple preparation stuff like cleaning her rifle and organizing her potions.

1 Like

Hm, she would probably be sitting on top of a bookshelf reading ancient scrolls and books, humming happily to herself.

4 Likes
1 Like

Beerusein returns to Pandaria to simply be away from the factions and its conflicts. There is a bit of a community of both Horde and alliance there that want nothing to do with the current war and want general peace with everyone. He has remained there for a month He often has been spotted attempting to court a particular orc lady who had given up on the Horde since the battle of Lorderon.

(haven’t logged in for over a month now. And my wife quit wow because she was tired of the horde story line with Sylvanas.)

2 Likes

For the most part, Sarestha enjoys walks or rides in quiet solitude, when I’m not actively RPing her. Being a death knight though, there are occasions where she needs to sate her urge to cause suffering, and I generally try to keep the details of that off screen - it’s pretty gruesome.

1 Like