What does Holy Priest lack

Yup! Levitate is super clunky, I hate it. Besides, having the mobility while healing buff sure works well for Holy. I don’t think it’ll be OP like disc, but at least it’s something. I don’t care about DPS, If I wanna tank and DPS, I’ll go Disc :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Except I haven’t? Responding to you isn’t changing the topic.

Yet again, you can’t just say “You’re wrong” and not elaborate. That doesn’t refute me and it doesn’t add to the discussion. I mean, I could just say you’re wrong too, if you want to just go around in circles forever.

As I’ve stated before, Holy can do the vast majority of content in the game. I would hope you would know that that naturally includes casual and ‘non-casual’ content as well. I’ve made two points:

1. Holy can do the highest possible M+ gear cap (+15), both in general, and without needing to DPS in order to time the key.
  2. Holy isn’t the best choice for Mythic raiding, but is likely perfectly capable in Normal and Heroic raids.

If you want to refute me, refute those two points, because I’ve very clearly made those points earlier in this thread.

Resto shaman utility is overall better. No they arent great m+ spec either on the whole but they will always get a guaranteed mythic raid spot due to spirit link. Their hps is also almost as good at holy and they have much fewer mana problems this late in expansion with high crit builds.

2 Likes

Why would I bother trying to refute those two points? That is correct information. But again, that’s not what the OP was asking. So bringing up those two points is … pointless?

Resto sham was top tier in Legion wasnt?

1 Like

The thing about priests and dungeons is a lot of talent choices are made because the other choices in that tier are incredibly bad, not because the chosen talent is super good.

To answer the question, I’d say Holy lacks some personal survivability and mobility. I’m not saying they need to zoom all over the place like monks or druids, but making abilities like Greater Fade baseline would go a long way.

It’s a way to give priests a little more mobility and survivability while keeping class uniqueness in-tact, for those that like that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In reference to M+, resto sham is pretty bad yeah, but at least brings unique and valuable utility in the forms of totems: Holy brings nothing. But you are right in that Shaman is massively better in raid environment. It has been involved in world’s first groups this expansions and the last two as well. The dreamteam comp is hpal, disc, and rsham and it has never changed in years. The lower half: Hpriest, druid and monk are good they just don’t bring enough unique to a large group. There’s so much more to raid healing than just HPS.

1 Like

The lack of real damage is what i hate the most about this spec… its why i just cant see myself rolling Holy and would rather struggle and get strong with disc instead.

Healing is great… but you feel like a sitting duck and worthless in every other aspect but healing.

4 Likes
  1. Smite and Holy Fire should do a fair bit more damage.
  2. PoM should revert to being instant baseline.
  3. Mass Levitate should be introduced.
5 Likes

For PVE, Holy needs more speed to keep up with groups between pulls.

Have Levitate increase your movement speed by 20% while active.

For PVP, Holy needs snare removal or prevention. Being the slowest class in the game AND having no way to remove most snares is overkill. This is especially true when relying on hard-casting a single school of magic, and even more so when you have no means of applying a snare of your own save for a single PVP talent on a 45 second cooldown that offers a 3 second snare.

Adjust Focused Will so that melee attacks against you reduce all damage you take by 30% and prevent your movement speed from being reduced below 100% for 8 seconds.

1 Like

‘we design, you play’
You have to admire the supreme arrogance of blizz that they design holy the way it is, but yet have no clue as to what issues it actually faces.
But then, in the pvp context at least, disc is even worse off, but people at blizz seem to think its the most overpowered healing spec in the game judging from the incessant nerfing.

At least disc has good damage. And two spells of magic to heal with, as well as great mobility since penance+radiance can be cast while moving. Holy has virtually nothing to do while moving and if even 1 melee person decided he wants to sit on you, you cant do well, anything - and god forbid double melee. This is why holy can’t do 3’s at all and can only 2’s if peeled by their partner constantly.

Disc is a whole different point. It can be powerful but mostly due to dark archangel and the party-wide dps buff. But the fact their heals suck, they’re squishy, and can cast 3 spells before OOM - if you’re a disc team you HAVE to kill the enemy in your opener, or you lose basically, basically this leads to RMP being your only viable comp (but at least, a really good one) so better find some nice rogue and mage friends. Kind of wish mana burn was returned, at it was disc’s only counter to other healers of any kind.

1 Like

^
This isnt good, this is just reality.

For mythic+ it massively lacks damage, mobility/defensives (Holy flop over dead way more than any other healer), combat rez and has meh ST healing (in the sense it requires spamming too many globals on tank healing, vit conduit and devout spirit are only a somewhat bandaid for, and rent-a-powers going away in Shadowlands), which again means less DPS time. It’s really bad at everything besides having decent group healing (preferably all melee group for Sanctify) basically.

It’s actually sad how bad overall mythic+ damage is, only healer left that would struggle to even break 13k~ in a high key, while holy pals are pumping up to 40k… and most healers can comfortably hit 20k+. Made worse by the fact you really need to use Vit Conduit major to make up for your ST healing troubles and there’s no mainspec or offspec azerite traits that translate into damage for holy (besides just flat stat buffs), unlike every other healer.

Basically it feels like Blizz looks at Holy Priest HPS raidlogs, said “okay they’re up there in HPS, the spec is fine” and calls it a day, ignoring how they’re by far the weakest healer in basically every other aspect of the game (damage, defensives, mobility, utility) which go figure, actually matter in many aspects of the game like mythic+.

1 Like

Yeah… hopefully they realize mistweaver and hpals actually pump more hps than even a holy priest… So what do Hpriest even do? Nothing. That’s why they aren’t taken in cutting edge content or even AoTC content until weeks and week in, when they can do that content with ilvls 20 higher than their other healer counterparts did :confused:

1 Like

Holy has single target healing troubles? With the best single target healing in the game? What other spec can do single target healing as good as Holy? I’ve never had trouble with single target healing between cycling through Serenity and Guardian Spirit as needed.

I guess you need to first clarify what your baseline is for M+ and what the maximum level of key you feel Holy starts to feel weak.

Yeah I don’t agree that Holy has a single target healing “problem” either, taking the Guardian Angel talent allows you to use Guardian Spirit very often, rotating it with Serenity seems to do the job.

I guess if you compare it to MW Monk then sure, the ST healing is not as strong for Holy Priest, but that’s more about MW having insane single target healing, no other healer can really match them on that (outside of CDs).

If we talk about defensives, mobility, or utility then I 100% agree that Holy is lackluster there.

2 Likes

Druid and monk do better single target healing pretty much all the time, paladin does better single target during wings and its up pretty often for them. I would say only shaman and disc are weaker at single target overall, and disc can at least mitigate that with rapture and pain supp usage. So holy isnt the weakest single target but its definitely mediocre.

1 Like

Yeah their single target is pretty bad. The first moment I can feel the difference in Hpriest to my other heals (I have all 120), is +10. I can do it, but a +10 to my holy priest feels like a +10, and my resto druid it feels like a +5 (both 470 ilvl). The real point at which you REALLY start to under perform is 15 and above. You will realize fast that you have to Gspirit often, too often even with 1min cd. You will reach a point where all you can do is flash heal spam and it feels horrible. Also, the gspirit can be frustrating as if it does actually go off its back on a 3min cd, yes it saved the tank, but if they “died” in a +15 or higher, more than likely one more hit will kill them a second time, for real this time.

That being said, ST healing isn’t even their greatest downfall. Mobility sucks, survivability sucks, utility definitely sucks (no cc whatsoever), no brez, no interupt, no immunity, all things the other healers truly shine with in M+. Finally, their damage is BAD. You won’t feel it till higher keys, but its so bad - not only do you do mediocre dps, you have to hardcast (and not heal at all) to do any of it. And if you don’t contribute dps in keys 15+ you won’t time it, period.

I’ll give a list here but its in no way all inclusive.

• Feathers baseline. Just do it.
  • Gspirit talent need to just let it be 1min cd, period, even if it removes the other effect.
  • Dial back mastery like, 20% and increase base heals by 20%. Your mastery will still feel nice but waiting 6 seconds to get the full effect of your heals is horrible, esp in M+
  • Amp up holy fire by A LOT, and have it be able to reset on heals as well. Honestly, let it stack up to 3 or even 4 times as well.
  • Remove apotheosis and let it just be a 2min cd that instantly refreshes your holy words and heals you and 4 others instantly for a large amount.
  • Circle of Healing baseline (though its happening in SL)
5 Likes

Edit: For the love of god, give priest a GOOD defensive. Desperate Prayer is trash.

It’s honestly so frustrating because holy priest is a fun spec to play! It needs work though and Blizzards seems to think they can just leave it as is.

It’s like holy priest is a beginner spec for people to start out healing with and then drop for a more solid spec in high end content.

This all looks fine but I want more than just baseline feathers. Maybe a talent set that modifies feathers. Feathers alone is lacking, especially after they nerfed the speed from 60% to 40%.

I’m not sure they can increase damage enough. Like the other heaers that aren’t disc/paly, holy is still limited in how much damage it can weave in. I personally want holys heals to buff party members dps slightly. And honestly, I’m more worried about holy having aoe to contribute in content such as M+, so adding an aoe or improving holy nova would be a step in right direction. Holy nova is a missed opportunity as is and is used mostly for niche purposes.

I’m not sure how they could buff heals 20% without making holy really OP while undergeared. Also wouldn’t this make the spec scale poorly at high ilvl? Sounds like it would be akin to how disc is constantly rebalanced throughout an expansion.

3 Likes