What does Holy Priest lack

I think something needs to be done with Mastery: Echo of light’s over healing. Maybe splash dps when it starts overhealing.

4 Likes

I’m personally a fan of our heals giving dps a short boost in damage. So we’d provide damage by boosting the output of the actual dps slightly.

I do think he is highly underplaying the importance of healer damage contribution. Even if every fight is doable without healer doing any damage, there is still inherent balance implications when some healers can do a LOT more damage while healing. It’s less a matter of “if it’s possible” and more a matter of “if it’s balanced”. Mythic Ashvane is a great example. Maybe after progression you subbed in other healers but most people pushed disc and paladin comps to get the kill on a relatively tight dps check.

M+ is a whole other story. Because M+ is time based you can’t possibly deny the important of healer dps. Every second counts. Yes, it only matter in high keys, but that’s what we care about; being competitive where being competitive matters most.

5 Likes

Just stop posting. Obviously every spec can do every piece of content in the game, but that doesn’t mean certain specs aren’t better than others. Disc is objectively better than holy. OPs question is why.

5 Likes

Your highest dungeon is an 11 and you only do LFR. You cannot have an opinion on content any higher than what you do. You just don’t know how it is at higher levels. At higher levels (ie 13+) you DO need to dps as a healer. It is expected of you to make the run go faster; and it’s just good to contribute.

1 Like

Yes, actually, I can, because I’ve done harder content than a +11. I know for a fact that in M+, no, for the highest possible cap on gear, you don’t need to do DPS as a healer. You never have. If you feel that that’s the case, then you need better DPS, not supplemental healer DPS. At +15, timing a key is timing a key, regardless of whether you time it by 1 second or 1 minute. And you can time a +15 key without healer DPS.

Not only that, but I’m purposefully not trying to do harder content at the moment, as I have the entire rest of the expansion to do so. Please don’t misconstrue my current highest M+ as the full extent of what I plan to do before the end of the expansion.

I feel like you’re being a contrarian for the sake of it.

1 Like

yeah holy is fine for casual content, and you don’t have to dps in casual content. we get it. that’s not what this post is about.

1 Like

This thread stopped being about anything but ego a while ago. The OP got their answer long ago, whether they were casual or not.

I’m not sure what you mean given that nobody has talked about their accomplishments or used them as a basis for arguments in this thread.

Buff Holy Priest plz

9 Likes

I’m sorry, but you don’t have the final say on what is and isn’t casual content. I don’t either. However, what you consider to be casual content doesn’t mean that that’s actually the case, as you can get into very subjective territory at that point (e.g: “Anything at or below +15 keys and Heroic raiding is casual content.”, etc.)

Not that anyone has hard data on this, but if you wanted a more objective answer as to what “casual content” truly entails, you would have to look at where in the bell curve for specific content (M+, raids, etc.) across all players where the crest is highest, AKA: What the majority of players are able to accomplish, but anything past that requires more effort, thus not being “casual” at that point.

Holy should have a buff that allows them to heal while moving. Levitate, maybe?

Edit: My biggest issue about Holy is 0 mobility [I know, Feathers yeah yeah] I want reliable mobility. It’s actually worse than warlock :eyes:

1 Like

I just want Circle of Healing baseline and instant-cast PoM again. Is that too much to ask?

3 Likes

you keep changing topic. fact is, your answer to the OP was nothing - which is wrong.

3 Likes

Hey I was looking at guides and it shows Divine Star is the go to for Dungeons. But it seems rather week? Not sure

1. Better passive DPS, they could simply buff Holy Fire in every way so the the only DoT the priest has and has a cooldown, does at least as much damage as one of the two DoT’s resto druids get.

2. Utility/Damage reduc: No damage reduction hurts the most, as Hpal, Rsham, Rdruid(M+), and Disc all are good and highly sought after for their utility or damage reduction, having 20% AoE, 10% AoE (spirit link effect as well), 20% single target, and 25% AoE, respectively.

3. (Maybe) Mobility, Survivability. Currently not as bad for content, there isnt as much guaranteed one shots as Legion. This used to be the tradeoff for higher HPS but now Holy Paladins do more HPS, are more mobile, do more dps, and have immunity so literally no reason to have a holy priest, ever. The toxic glimmer build is actually why most healers are feeling the heat for not being one but thats a topic for another day.

4 Likes

It’s pretty strong, in dungeons you almost always hit both out/in on your 5-man team, and it adds a lot of damage to AoE trash pulls, something Holy Priest cannot do without Divine Star. The heal/mana efficiency is actually really high as well and is instant cast.

As in levitate no longer breaks on damage? I gotta admit, its a cool thought, not hugely overpowered from what i can see, considering how clunky levitate is.

1 Like

^ PoM isnt powerful enough that we should have to burn an honor talent to get it (pvp pov).
Consider exhibit A: Greater Heal…ridiculous overhealing.
Consider exhibit B: Ray of Hope…all heals on the target increased by 50%…
Then compare them to PoM where even after 3 stacks of azerite traits, and one honor talent, its only just competitive.

The reason is because benediction is weaker in all scenarios, and halo can be unsafe to use in dungeons for fear of pulling extra mobs.

Divine star is easy to aim and fun to watch in dungeons. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well if you think holy is bad, don’t play resto shaman.