What does everyone think of the new glowing eyes?

They look more like… eyes. I hope it’s still WIP though. I want Valeera-style eyes for all of us.

Huh, their going to replace the glowing eye texture that floats from our eyes with glow map textures? I actually kinda like that better tbh.

Though i would like for Blizzard to keeping old option available, to further enhance the alright extensive list of character customization options in the future.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s way better. The eye is a light source now instead of a weird particle effect.

4 Likes

I really like them for the most part, but I do agree with everyone else that’s said it should be an option. I can see why some people might not like them, and I can also see some situations where I might personally prefer to have the old ones, so it would be nice to have the ability to decide for yourself.

And I also must voice my support for the whole helm thing. At the very least, if everyone has to use the new versions and there’s no option to use the originals, they need to be visible through hoods and helms.

2 Likes

Oh the death knight… Man, the shadow around the eyes does make the Death Knight look really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’d prefer something between the two.

Yay? 10char

The Night elf model have to be reworked! Not only the eyes…
The other look fine :slight_smile:

I read that it’s still a work in progress, but I like what I see so far. I hope they also add an option to disable the eye glow for death knights, so we can have normal eyes like Thassarian.

1 Like

The Elf eyes need pupils.

1 Like

I went ahead and looked at the NPCs in Telogrus Rift.

The Void Elf NPCs seem to have unfinished eyes, they don’t have any effects on them as of right now. The High Elf NPCs are using the new updated DK eyes. And Aleria remains the same.

1 Like

I’m mixed. I think they’re okay for some, like Forsaken, where the glow never really felt like it fit, and even the elves to a degree where the FLASHLIGHT EYES seemed really out place.

But at the same time, the complete lack of a glow on the elves feels like they went too far. Should have left at least a small glow on them.

Whereas on Death Knights, the lack of a glow feels REALLY out of place, as they’re supposed to have extremely glowing eyes.

So it’s a mixed bag for me.

2 Likes

Feel like punching emm in the eye :rage:

They’re probably still a WIP. I’m sure we will get some sort of updated glow in a future build. Though, like Rhiella said, I hope we get an option to have the eyes without a glow, for those of us who don’t like how it looks.

The DK ones look great, but I don’t feel like the belf eyes are quite there yet.

My real life eyesight isn’t good enough to tell the difference :frowning:

Far better than the blue circles hovering in front of the character’s face; giving them the illusion of looking too excited.

2 Likes

the old eyes remind me of when I drive at night without my glasses.

Just giant smears of light

3 Likes

I think it’s going to be race dependent for me. The glows look good and soft for blood elves, the newer eyes look alot more sterner.

I do like how much difference it gives to the detail of the models though, they just feel a lot more defined.

1 Like

They look really good.

1 Like