What does each race smell like?

The Alliance frequently states that the Horde smells terrible. During the Darkspear Rebellion, the Alliance player is repulsed by the offensive stench of the troll camp and when Vol’jin speaks, the player is nauseated by his sour breath. However, the Blood Elves seem to have a far higher standard of cleanliness and are far more prone to being judgmental in every way, and yet they seem to have no problem with their less civilized comrades whatsoever. A Nightborne Elf, Valtrois, even comments that while the architecture of Zul’dazar is impressive, she is put off by the smell. However, in Island Expeditions, the Blood Elf opponents sometimes comment that the Alliance smells bad, even though they’re already accustomed to the Horde. Does the Alliance smell just as bad to the Horde as the Horde does to the Alliance? Do they even smell bad to each other, or are they just throwing around insults and using bad hygiene as provocation?

5 Likes

I smell a mini wall of text.

6 Likes

Dwarves smell of leather.

Trolls probably reek of patchouli.

3 Likes

(sniffs self)

I smell cookies, but I have been baking.

:cookies:

11 Likes

Seeing as most of the alliance consists of humans or human-like things I imagine that if there’s a bad smell it’s generally just going to be your typical bo. Though, I imagine that Vad here smells like soot.

Trolls traditionally stink everything up in fantasy stuff. No idea what they’d smell like.

I imagine blood elves have to turn on the diplomacy skills to not be out off by some other horde races though, as they’re really dainty and what-not.

1 Like

The idea of insulting someone via their smell is old. Super basic insult. There’s also another more science-y factor with scent having impact on attraction. So if Horde and Alliance smell bad we could all just be hating on each other even more!

1 Like

According to a certain pandaren anyway, at least one goblin smells like “sulfur and fireworks”
Ofc being a resto shaman, I probably smell like ocean scented candles

Well she’s used to living in a very pristine environment, and that dock probs has tons of smells coming from the jungle and ocean and food market. Whether it’s actually bad or not, she would probably be overwhelmed.

1 Like

You all smell like burnt toast.

… someone should probably call an ambulance.

3 Likes

Undead: Dried chicken bones or swamp musk

Tauren: Petting zoo

Troll: Antifreeze

Blood Elf: perfume

Goblins: Nitroglycerin

Pandas: Instant noodles

Human: horses

Dwarf: Hops and gunpowder

Nelf: Tree sap

Gnome: Moter Oil

Draenei: Engine Parts

Worgen: bag of wet fur

Orcs: Better dead than alive

7 Likes

Trolls seem to like smelly things/to smell things. We have a /goodbye even that’s focus around smelling, “Smell you later”. We have that joke about liking our ladies with bad breath.

Our idle animation for the male Darkspear is also us just sniffing around.

I think we probably smell like the ocean, “au naturel” body odor lol, and mojo. We are trolls after all.

2 Likes

Only when it rains.

I know what my race smells like.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1rNWZu4QQqCUaq434T/giphy.gif

I’m in the market for a new deodorant, by the way.

14 Likes

I’d probably swap the Goblins and Gnomes in your example.

“Anyone have any deodorant? Either ‘Wet Dog’, ‘Fresh Garbage’, or ‘Low Tide’ would do.”

2 Likes

Horde:
Orc - Blood and honor with a little bit of thunder and lightning
Trolls - Spices
Tauren - Hay
Forsaken - Kinda gross
BE - Flowers
Goblins - Fresh laundry
Nightborne - Magic
HM - Hay
Mag’har - Blood and honor with a little bit of thunder and lightning
Zandalari - Spices

Alliance:
Humans - privilege
Gnomes - metal
NE - privilege
Dwarves - rocks
Draenai - Hay
LF - Burning Hay
VE - Wet plants
DI - burning
Kul Tiras - BBQ

3 Likes

I smell like a field of flowers over looking the ocean on a breezy spring afternoon

1 Like

I smell of Lavender, thank you. It came with the blue/purple skin and hair.

2 Likes

I smell like a Phish concert I think someone said that as they were putting on the handcuffs.

1 Like

Frozen lime margaritas and bacon.

I have an earthy, peaty aroma.

With a hint of lilac.