What do you Enjoy Most About Classic?

I really missed that old feeling of “powering up” and that teeny tiny bit of power you gain with each level… Like obviously this happens on Retail but the nostalgia of how it was while playing the original game 13-14 years ago is most definitely there, and I am loving it!

PVP or 5 man dungeons… can’t choose 1.

Needing to do every little thing to make my character completely optimal.

Getting some good gear from the AH
getting first aid up so i can bandage heal on my rogue.
investing in some healing pots so i can do tricky 4 gnoll pulls with evasion + pot.

It all feels right. I can buy gear with gold on the AH and see a sizable increase in power.

We could go without the whole needing to find Flightpaths on every alt all over again. But i guess making you run makes you be part of the background for other players. #drivebybuffs

Sitting down and planning.

Last night I was questing in Arathi with two other rogues and n enh shaman, we needed to kill a named mob surrounded by 3 level 30 elites. The two other rogues and I sapped the other mobs via a countdown and I vanished out and ambushed the named mob down. We all survived and got the quest done.

I should of have recorded it because it was pretty epic.

EDIT: All level 40 elites, by the way.

Gnomes are taller in the classic than the retail.
I look bigger in those expansions that I look bigger! YAY!

Class design I suppose. Before they butchered it beyond recognition over the expansions.

You could tell that classes are meant to function in a certain way and are their abilities are designed around that.

I just spent yesterday and today walking from Thelsamar to Menethil Harbor, taking the boat to Aberdine, then traveling up and down Darkshore and into Ashenvale, going back, taking the other boat to Darnassus, walked the entirety of Teldrassil, headed back, went to Thereamore, into Dustmallow Marsh, saw I was way outnumbered there ( :stuck_out_tongue: ), headed back to Menethil Harbor, and did a little work in the Wetlands. You really appreciate all of the hard work put into creating this giant world.

The class fantasy is amazing. Making the game feel more immersive, making each class stand out and say “I am XYZ class, this is what I can do, no other class is like mine”. How quests described how your classes worked and why you did what you did.

I enjoy gaining a new level…it feels like an accomplishment. I get to spend my talent point and every 2 levels I can learn new ranks/skills

I seriously wish that they never got rid of this talent system it was one of Blizzards biggest mistakes imo

1 Like

This, we have a warrior tank that openly admitted to using the raid exploit before it was patched, then when he went into end game dungeons he’d put on Master Looter…

Why?

“Because if I don’t everyone ninjas.”

Any boe, no matter the color (green, blue, epic) he absorbed, didnt let people roll on it. You only got boss drops, unless they were boes.

Community here on Mankrik has been quick to catch on to his crap, and now he spends a lot of time in Trade whining about how no one let’s him “Carry” their dungeon groups.

The feeling that the world is real, dangerous. When playing classic I can believe in the world and that I’m part of it.

In modern wow I’m not sold on the illusion. It seems so much more obvious that everything happens on a server. They even have things like server names in front of the player names, I hate that, it breaks my immersion.

Encountering the same people so I can get revenge kills.

“Your fish got away”. Many things to like but I especially like that fishing has some challenge to it. And you need a fishing pole equipped.

Doesn’t happen - I chuckle when I read clown responses like this “blacklist” Are you physically writing down names? Are you even doing anything to blacklist one from? Who are you? Sounds like you have some sick sources of enjoyment

Edit
I just told a guy on Old Blanchy that if he killed one more of the mobs I need I would blacklist him. I sure showed him, now let me find my #2 pencil and write him into the list I tack on my refrigerator

Okay bud stay out of my notifications if you’re going to go mental.

the lfg channel

I have an answer when I was heading level 40s, now I’m standing in a solid level 55. At this level it started to be a bit frustrating. Just farming first steps of BRD and trying to get the key. It is roughly days per level with almost no improvement.

I started to play retail for a while and see if I like it more.

I’m noob in both games :slight_smile: