WHAT DECIDES HUNTER PET DAMAGE?

I caught 5 pets.
All cats.
They are all the same level.
They all have random attack damages.

What's up? What's the deciding variables?

Why is a white lion weaker than the starter pet?
I thought all pets of the same kind were supposed to have the same stats with BFA???

Dungeon found bat has lower stats than lv1 found bat.

CONSISTENCIES FOUND;
Rare Spawns are always weaker.
Dungeon captured are always weaker.
All pets of the same name always have the same stats.
1 Like
Hi. Maybe this will be usefull

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2018/08/broken-tooth-lives-hunter-pets-can-have-different-attack-speeds-once-again/
Thank you so much, I've been searching for an answer for days!
I'm going to test the claim. I'll respond back again.

EDIT:
TESTED AND TRUE.
Your link was 100% correct.
All their attack speeds are different again.
11/07/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Bastest
Hi. Maybe this will be usefull

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2018/08/broken-tooth-lives-hunter-pets-can-have-different-attack-speeds-once-again/

Really cool read ty. I had tamed all those vanilla pets with the quicker attack speeds back in the day, lot of fun. Unfortunately Blizzard killed most of the fun factor with pets since then.

Even with damage normalization, this is still really cool news. Can't wait to play around with a 1 and 4 speed pet just for fun, I'm giddy with excitement to track those pets later. Also to use that macro mentioned in article to be able to check speeds on other pets in the wild, relive a little vanilla magic and give me something to do when really bored.
Holy crap, didn't know this, thanks. Have deth in the stables, gotta see this....
Keep in mind, for bm, there's a cap on attack speed.
So deth'tilac is a DPS loss because he hits the cap before 2 frenzy stacks.
11/09/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Reimmi
So deth'tilac is a DPS loss because he hits the cap before 2 frenzy stacks.
But does that mean he'd be good for hunters with low haste where stacks would be more difficult to maintain?
At best he's equivalent to any other pet; if he's not capped he's got the same speed*damage=X value as anyone else. So no, he's not particularly good, he's just sometimes not worse.
I guess that makes sense.

Now, on the flip side, for the sake of just seeing big numbers, I might run a bit with Chimaeron. Might be normalized dps wise, sure, but I get that dopamine hit from seeing big boi numerics fly across the screen.
Now this is cool, the macro in the article that shows you the pet attack speed in the chat window. Copy/paste into macro, target pet, tamed or not, and click.

/dump UnitAttackSpeed("target")

Note that your haste gear will affect the pet attack speed and won't represent the untamed version, if you're going to check a tamed pet.

Haste and mastery. Agility for you. Focus on mastery for your pet damage and focus on agility for yourself. Haste is what decides your pets attack speed and mastery is what decides your pets damage.