What combination of Primordial Stones are you using?

Seems there is mixed information around.

I mainly do M+, so the following is based off that

Icy Veins has these three as the best for multi target

• Storm Infused Stone
  • Pestilent Plague Stone
  • Obscure Pastel Stone

WOWHead has:
1 - Storm Infused Stone
2 - Humming Arcane Stone
3 - Pestilent Plague Stone
4 - Echoing Thunder Stone
5 - Desirous Blood Stone

I assume this to mean thats the order of strongest to weakest.

However, I am curious what everyone is using at the moment and more importantly, why?

None, because the ring sucks.
Especially for M+.
Mastery is just too important.

7 Likes

I’ve been using storm, humming, freezing. It works pretty decent in M+. Lots of additional damage on trash and bosses. Each doing equivalent to my windscar trinket for a full run. Does it sim better than my 418 brood ring…not sure. Will need to test more tomorrow.

I also noticed wowhead lists pestilent as top tier for M+. I tried a couple runs with pestilent and it barely showed up as damage so I just replaced it with freezing.

So I just want to point out that the Prophetic + Desirous + Humming is actually decent for DH

I only have two offensive stones: Storm and Blood. So far I’m doing well with only those two. My Frost stone gives me a nice damage shield once in a while. They provide noticeable differences in damage for me and so far I’m happy with my Annulet.

Yeah, just to add even unenchanted it out does my 415 court ring.

In what situation? Aoe, st or is it pretty universal? Im about to get them.

Pretty universal you just set it and forget it, its mainly ST damage which we severely lack in right now, so it helps liek the Humming Stone is doing 10% of my damage overall

1 Like

Pretty sure they way prophetic works right now is a bug.

Hoenstly with the hotfixes that just went out, one would think it would already be addressed if it was in fact a bug, because it wasn’t fixed with all these changes, may want to think the other direction

I was wondering about this: if Humming Arcane was good for DH (in my case, Vengeance). Why do you guys like it better than what’s usually mentioned, Freezing Ice?

After the nerf to Hummin i swapped to freezing

1 Like

Humming is less damage than Freezing Ice for ST now, for cleave. 2 to 4 targets the Storm Infused is best. If you’re looking to consistent AoE pulls the Pestilent one sims the highest but I never use it since its garbage on bosses.

1 Like

none, no point on doing that content, lot of work for an inferior item… that wont matter in 1 or 2 months in seasson 2

It only takes a couple of hours and is about 10k dps, maybe worth it maybe not. I wouldn’t call it inferior.

Storm Infused Stone or Freezing Stone, Phophetic Twilight Stone, Desirous Blood Stone

Storm Infuse and Freezing are too close in terms of Single Target and Cleave that they are basically interchangeable.

Anyone saying the Ring isn’t Worth is flat out wrong. It’s a significant increase in damage. This combination of stones will do as much damage as Death Sweep throughout the whole dungeon so roughly 10%+ of your damage, with the L/R build. And the added bonus is that it’s a significant increase to our Single Target Damage which we desperately need as Havoc.

Also the argument that this ring will be replaced in the future so it’s not worth doing is literally antithetical to the gear rat race we do in WoW. Same argument for why it’s okay not to do any 20+ Keys because you’ll just replace those in the future.

Yes replace and enjoy the item you achieve,
Why bother of on one or two months not just one item will be replace everything, so why grind now and later when you can just … Well nothing to do now and same repetitive stuff ( exact same world quests) only once a week raid. And try to finish an m+ before some one leaves.

You can grind it if you want.

Prophetic Twilight Stone, Desirous Blood Stone and Pestilent Plague Stone. The Plague Stone is extremely under-rated I think. You get more overall damage from it and it effects more than just three targets (Storm infused). I think since it procs on more than three enemies, that, in turn procs Twilight more, which procs more Blood and so on. I’ve noticed that every time I look at details the Pestilent/Blood stones are neck and neck in damage. Compared to Storm/Blood where I always see Blood falling far below the Storm stone.

As someone that only plays PvP, can this stone system safely just be ignored?

Using Prophetic/Desirous/Storming

Works well on Broodmother