What classes/specs give off 'protagonist' vibes?

Title. What classes/specs make sense being called a ‘Champion’ and a ‘Hero’ as? Which ones could you see Legionfall rallying behind, or the King/Warchief calling to their side for a personal request?

Paladin, Warrior.

3 Likes

Male Human Paladin

3 Likes

Paladin, monk, mage, warrior, druid

Paladin literally spent their order hall questline rescuing the priests. Paladin is the only “champion”,

Warrior died in legionfall, they don’t count.

3 Likes

Paladins. Holy Priests. Hunters. Druids. Shaman. Monks. Mages. Maybe more.

Paladin, mage, warrior, shaman

Druids save the world from the monsters of civilization who cut down trees, enslave animals, and destroy the land by permanently paving over it and putting up their buildings. The only answer is to exterminate them all!

Warlocks. You see that spooky guy with the dark skulled robes, murderous demon and a bag full of souls? That is a man you can believe in! One who will deliver results.

It’s the paladins you want to watch out for, shifty-eyed lot they are. Always lighting places up when you’re trying to sleep. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Pretty much any of the non-edgy classes could count as a “Hero”. The edgy ones on the other hand are more “Anti-Hero”.

Non-edgy:
Warrior
Paladin
Priest (Holy/Disc)
Druid
Shaman
Monk
Hunter
Mage

Edgy:
Death Knight
Demon Hunter
Rogue
Priest (Shadow)
Warlock

not gnome warlocks for sure.

1 Like

undead warlock.

I’m a villain protagonist.

Alliance: Paladin, Warrior, Mage, maybe DK.
Horde: Warrior, Shaman.

It also depends on the race we are talking about as some would prefer different classes like Druids with Tauren and Night Elf or a Mage and Pally for Blood Elves.

Paladins, all three specs. The class is always described in games of every sort as “holy warriors” or “righteous protectors”. They’re an iconic representation of the hero archetype, and even the pure DPS Retribution pallies are an image of righteous fury rather than some kind of baser revenge or greed-based violence.

Protection Warriors. These guys are the protectors. They sacrifice themselves and put themselves between the evil and their team/their people/the innocent NPCs. Total selfless protagonist class.

Holy Priests. It’s pretty self explanatory because literally all they do is heal people. The entire spec’s fantasy is helper and savior. Total protagonist.

I’m sure people could debate the other ones, and I think a solid case could be made for Demon Hunters, despite their darker aspects.

Paladins, rogues, hunters.

I think of warriors and the rest as mostly fighting muscle/healing armies.
DKs are more Ebon Blade than either horde or alliance, imo so that let’s them out.

I don’t think of any of the classes as “edgy”. I’m not even sure what that means.

• edited to add hunters.

Paladins are basically the most righteous that gives off protagonist but they can also fall under the Scarlet Crusade of fanaticism too where they are just misguided villainous tendencies. Same with Druids in a similar sense. Monks are basically the most neutral IMO but they are definitely a protagonist kind without much of a possible bad side to them whatsoever.

1 Like