What are your "can't miss" underrated leveling zones?

I’m leveling my alt and looking for a good area to quest in, are there any underrated zones that you think more people should quest in?

I personally liked the remake of the Badlands. Has some pretty cool dragon lore.

Eastern Plaguelands for Fiona’s questlines and her friends.

7 Likes

Vashj’ir

ducks

4 Likes

Tirisfal to the end of hillsbrad.

EPL and WPL.

Nazmir

Shadowmoon valley (Outland)

Uldum

Any zone from wod tbh

1 Like

I always do Grizzly Hills in Northrend because we did a lot of camping in redwood parks when I was growing up, plus that music.

/moo :cow:

Loch Modan is amazing
Howling Fjord is really good

Deepholm, for Cataclysm. Have to fly though, so 30+.

Vash’jr is another gem. The questing is average but the underwater environment looks amazing on a modern PC.

5 Likes

Feralas because it has awesome quests and music!

Desolace because it was a rare zone to level in back in the day…so you come out with war stories and knowledge :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’ve done most zones of the years and can remember the main points of them or why we’re there… can’t remember why alliance is Desolace. I remember the CC having a quest hub. I agree about Feralas, I think that is a very underrated zone especially after its Cata remake and a good place for worgen lore which isn’t too common.

1 Like

I really liked Desolace because of the Centaur reputations and their lore (choosing sides)! Also Maraudon!

I just like Feralas because it has a very Zelda-esque theme to it…and Zelda changed my life :cupid:

Grizzly Hills

Horde: Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest. Yeah, I am a sucker for Sylvanas/Forsaken Story back in Cataclysm era. It’s a great zone, great atmosphere and very organized quest hubs / storyline.

Alliance: Duskwood. Again, I absolutely love the atmosphere even if the quests are a bit too far apart. Also, it’s one of the most active zones 24/7 no matter the server. Great area to level always.

I genuinely have no love for Kalimdor, I’ve done it time and time again and never quite find a route I can actually fully enjoy.

I will also add for both factions STV. I love that place. I still religiously do all of my Nesigwary questlines. I just love them. I love doing them in STV, in Nagrand (Outland) and in Northrend.

I always do Northrend. I love that continent, even though it shows its age. Only Zone I avoid is Zul’Drak. Don’t care for it.

I played MoP till I puked, and still to this day I don’t care to do any quests that I don’t absolutely have to in that continent. I recognize its a great piece of art and is beautiful to fly around, but no thanks. Been there, done that. A LOT.

Never cared about anything in WoD.

I love highmountain in Legion.

BfA: Drustvar and Voldun.

SL: Bastion or bust.

2 Likes

Stonetalon had some fun Alliance v Horde quests.

1 Like

yessss, it looks fantastic now, especially if you have a big UW display. plus after running through hundreds of zones, Vashj’ir is definitely a unique experience.

1 Like

Gorgrond, easy, fast, and very enjoyable questing.

1 Like

I’d say Grizzly Hills, Drustvar, and Kun Lai Summit.

Un’goro. I liked it in vanilla, and I still like it. I liked all the crystals as well as feeding Dadanga back in the day, and nowadays I enjoy Maximilian of Northshire. He makes me laugh.

3 Likes

Feralas
Deepholm
Badlands
Blade edge mountains

I don’t know if these count as underrated.

I’ve always enjoyed Tanaris and Thousand Needles as long as you don’t mind the boat…

Winterspring is also a nice one.

1 Like