What are you maining in smash?

Fox McCloud or King K. Rool?

Just kidding, I was torn between ryu and cloud but I think ima go with cloud:). Was gonna do snake but he feels lackluster compared to how he was in brawl.

I want to be a marshmallow

2 Likes

Going to be Mr. Game & Watch as always since Brawl

It’s just when I can get him unlocked is the question

1 Like

Nice! There’s a cheat you can do to unlock everyone under a hour.

Do it before they patch it!

I’ve mained Link since the 64 Smash. Though I try to make a point to at least be competent with every single character so I’m not just “The Link guy”.

Some of my better characters include Fox, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Sonic, Zelda, and Diddy Kong. Currently working on Inkling.

1 Like

Pikachu mainly at the moment, but I’m also playing with some other old favourites like Young Link and Ike.

This is my first Smash Bros game since Brawl. I missed out on Smash 4 because the region locking on the 3DS and Wii U discouraged me from buying either system.

1 Like

I would say you missed out because Smash 4 was a LOT better than Brawl, but Ultimate is everything 4 was and more, so… Yeah. lol

Yeah, Brawl was the weak point, especially with things like the tripping mechanic. I was still playing Melee up until last week! I can’t believe that game is seventeen years old now.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’m not even a competitive player, but I kind of agreed with the hardcore competitive crowd that Melee was the best one until now. 4 came close, and was close enough for most people, but it wasn’t quite there. So far Ultimate seems to be the first true successor to Melee.

The fact that Ultimate has a huge single player mode sends it over the top for me.

Greninja!

I feel so dumb for not realizing how fun he was before in smash 4, but I actually gave him a shot this time and I absolutely love him. He’s got an aesthetic I love, I can actually make use of all of his specials (I love Dedede too but I can count how many times I’ve used his down special on one of my hands probably), he helps me to play more defensively which I have problems doing anyways, and he’s nowhere near top tier so there’s no balancing issues to worry about! Not that those would likely filter in to my elo anyways.

Dedede would be a strong second choice. I do play him a little more spammy and cheezy like than I would Greninja, but I just love him as a character and as dumb as that sounds, it’s what drives me to be better as him.

Also coming to like Mewtwo, Bowser Jr and Incineroar as well.

1 Like

Crash Bandicoot

1 Like

kirby main till the day i die

1 Like

I have friends that always take the characters from their favorite series regardless of whether they’re good or bad (ie: always play Link, Ryu, etc.), so I like picking “joke” characters that they’ll hate to lose to, like Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Wario, Villager or Jiglypuff.

2 Likes

This is a great idea

2 Likes

Okay, changed my mind and I’m pretty comfortable with maining Bowser Jr now. I’m terrible when it comes to picking just one character to play, and that’s mostly from me playing mobas. While they’re not really different characters I like that all of his skins are the other Koopalings so at least it kinda feels like it, with the same moveset and all. I’ve come to like his moveset too, even though people say his down special is weak.

Still like Dedede and Greninja, and started to like how they changed Link too. I tried out Simon/Richter and while they’ve got a really unique playstyle, I couldn’t really just spam projectiles all game. I’m stuck on who else to play because I want to play at least five characters. I’m big on Pokemon and I like Mewtwo, Lucario and Incineroar, but I can’t really decide which one I want to play.

1 Like