What are you listening to now? V5

Healer healerhealer capcapcapapcapcap ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss

3 Likes

Cya!

3 Likes

Re: the Deadmau5 track, interesting you’d post that one, 'cause I was going to post the exact same tune tomorrow. It came across my playlist earlier and I thought it would be an interesting side note to the Skrillex posts, since that song was written by the two of them.

As far as who had what input, house parts from Deadmau5 and dubstep parts from Skrillex seems to be the obvious answer to me. Deadmau5 has had various statements to make on how involved Skrillex was, everything from “he was teaching me dubstep” to “he wrote the lyrics” to “we didn’t collaborate at all.” I call BS on that last one, since Moore is credited on many of the track’s releases. Guess it’s down to a personal definition of “collaboration.”

Good pick, one of my faves.

1 Like

@Shrew :^) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuwHlFikmTs

1 Like

“Back in the days when I was a teenager, before I had status and before I had a pager…”

“Get in the zone of positivity, not negativity, 'cuz we gotta strive for longevity.”

This album was huge, huge for me. Over 30 years later I still have great love for ATCQ.

The Sade song is just beautiful, not much else can be said. Granted, the backing rhythm kinda sounds like it came straight from a Casio SK-8, but the vocals are timeless.

1 Like
1 Like

- Jack Colton (Michael Douglas), Romancing the Stone, 1984

('Twas 1982 by the way…)

3 Likes

“That is my FAVORITE Doobie Brothers Song.”

2 Likes

Mine too. I have many, but this one is a favorite from early on for me - one of those really old, fuzzy memories that just contain a couple details. For me, that particular early memory is this song and a horribly orange '70s rug LOL.

1 Like

/LOL

“It makes me think of this one…”

“Gives me the same vibes, and both are great songs.”

2 Likes

This came next on my list, and I had to. I had to. Might be a guilty pleasure of mine? I dunno, do people respect or even know about Gary Wright LOL?

I like the tune a lot, but that album cover… my god, it looks like ELO threw up all over Xanadu and then dude stood in front of it for the cover shoot. Super funky. Great eyeshadow, though.

2 Likes

“I haven’t heard this guy in AGES!!!”

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

This is the whole reason I crate-dig. Virtually speaking, of course. Absolute gems like Matt Maeson. Dude is pure gold.

2 Likes
2 Likes