What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Mili - Sacramentum: Unaccompanied Hymn for Torino

Utopiasphere:

Beautiful voice

1 Like

Just checking to see whoā€™s old enough to appreciate thisā€¦

2 Likes

/Raises hand. Iā€™m not old enough to have seen it when it first came out, but you know I never missed a re-run 'cause I had the biggest crush on Mary Ann. Also, it was a great show. :joy:

Excellent / hilarious mash-up, thanks for that.

On the Zep vibe:

2 Likes

David still had that ethereal vibe; so much space on this one:

A more prosaic cut from one of the best concept albums (ever, in my humble opinion):

And something from down under:

1 Like

Summer nostalgia vibes folks

Yes, absolutely. On an Island is an excellent album, very much keeping the '70s Floyd vibe alive.

I was always more of a Gilmour fan than a Waters fan, honestly. :sunglasses:

1 Like

/giggle

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on an Eminem kick for a while. Iā€™m loving his new album. Music to be Murdered By.

2 Likes

New Moon Boots:

1 Like

The System before the Weekend

At 14 seconds thereā€™s my namesake

2 Likes

Pocket so deep making Marianas jealous

1 Like

Yes, I know itā€™s probably as old as your parents. Justā€¦ shut up and listen.

3 Likes

Been a favorite track of mine since I was a kid. Both of my parents were huge fans of disco; as a result, so am I. But Iā€™ve always likes the smoother, jazzier, funkier side of disco (like Earth, Wind and Fire, Donna Summer, that kind of stuff) over the more blatant cheezy stuff like the Trammps (ā€œDisco Infernoā€) or Van McCoy (ā€œThe Hustleā€).

Not that Disco Inferno or The Hustle are bad tunes; I can dig 'em. But you get it.

I still dig ā€˜Riseā€™ when it comes up on random rotation ā€“ time to turn it up. The rest of the album is pretty good too, though I do think ā€˜Riseā€™ is the standout.

:white_medium_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_medium_small_square:

And for my offering today:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Anthony Phillips was a friend and performer with the original line up of genesis, namely Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Peter Gabriel. After Trespass he went solo, had issues with stage fright I believe. This Scottish Suite was from 1980 but had a rich, pastoral tapestry, evoking Trespass.

It is very much in the vein of old canterbury style prog rock, with good electric and heavier qualities, too.

A modern take on a jazz trio - making that Nord synth proud:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like