What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Some cheerful songs

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for the posts. I was feeling down yesterday and posted some sad songs, then changed my mind. I got skittish. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a Bob Dylan songā€¦no, the song is not about what you think itā€™s aboutā€¦or is it?

:wink:

3 Likes

OMFG! It took me a while to finally listen to this song. Itā€™ Pink Fā€™ing Floyd!!! I just thought it was some other group with that same song name.

Iā€¦loveā€¦thisā€¦particularā€¦Floydā€¦song! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€¦also, this game has become very boring. Now I know what people mean when they type about ā€œgame of systemsā€. Other than running dungeons, itā€™s just a grind after finishing all the quests for Shadowlands. I quested a bit in Legion to get the Archdruid title, and it also has systems, but not like this. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m linking this to you Tomten, because your song gave me the idea, but this post also intended for everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

You just gave me an idea. First, Iā€™m packing a beautiful buzz so that might just be where all this is coming from. I like that song you posted and when I listened to it, I realized just how far Iā€™ve come musically so I think Iā€™ll make a musical list of turning point songs/groups/genres that changed my musical journey.

Hell, the gameā€™s become boring right now with the S.S.S (Shadowlands Super Systems). we have to deal with after completing the quests in Shadowlands, so I might as well type some nonsense instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically started with watching music on TV with the family, so this would be about age 0-12. My family never really listened to music, like it wasnā€™t playing around the house or anything, but they used to watch Laurence Welk and Hee Haa every week and I watched it with them, so that was my musical start.

Then, at age 13, a classmate turned me on to acid and KISS and that was a pretty cool mix for the times - mid 70ā€™s.

Then it was sex, drugs and rock and roll for a while with bands like theseā€¦

First concert was Sammy Hagar

Saw AC/DC with Bon Scott

I remember seeing a Blue Oyster Cult concert one New Years Eve somewhere sometime - yeah, lots of drugs during those days so its a bit of a fog -

Then with my high school friends we saw the movie The Kids are Alright in which I fell in love with The Who.

The Who were my main group growing up and basically most heavy rock bands back then were my thing. In addition, there were some non-heavy bands I liked such as The Gap Band

ā€¦and Micheal Jackson back in the day.

and the best for last. Love Parliament!

Then a dungeon master I met introduced me to the Grateful Dead. Took me to a show, Purple Acid, Purple Ticket, Purple Show :heart_eyes: I fell in love. Focused on the Dead for a while musically and all the musical sisters and brothers associated with them - Jefferson Airplane, etc,

My favorite Grateful Dead song and this is a good version as well.

then college ended, real life started and the musical search kind of ended.

Many years later, I got to liking New Age music, which brings us to the point of all this ramble, Iā€™ve come from kick azz hard rock to fā€™ing New Age, and you know what, Iā€™m ok with that. :smiley:

Tomten, your song is rather Country and you know what, I love it. Iā€™ve come a long way. :sunglasses:

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

What a beautiful song.

2 Likes

Amazing album

2 Likes

Is the name of the group The War on Drugs or is that the album? Iā€™m looking it up but got a bit confused.

2 Likes

the band is called The War on Drugs, album is I Donā€™t Live Here Anymore

1 Like

Ok thanks, I found this one. Itā€™s not from the album, but found it when looking before.

4 Likes

Here we go. The name of this one caught my eyeā€¦

2 Likes

also an amazing album

2 Likes

For me this would be perfect driving music. Like when youā€™re driving through a place youā€™ve never been looking at the scenery while this is playing. At least thatā€™s what I imagine while listening to the music. Havenā€™t caught all the lyrics yet, but I like it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

they could easily be the sound track to every Subaru ad :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I can see that!

Whatā€™s funny is, thereā€™s this Applebeeā€™s commercial with this catchy Country tune that just gets in my head every time I see/hear it on TV. I like the tune, but get out of my head! :stuck_out_tongue:

This oneā€¦

DAMMIT!!! That video made me HUNGRY!!! :rofl:

1 Like