What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Certain songs have extremely deep meaning to me. This is one of them. Especially the lyrics…

“and I don’t want the world to see me
'cause I don’t think that they’d understand.
when everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.”

…more to come later. :dancer:

2 Likes

I have very bad social anxiety as in the clinical kind not just shy or nervous. Never once in my life have I every felt welcome anywhere including my own family which is non-existent these days. I’ve never fit in anywhere and always felt like the odd one.

Even when I’m with loving understanding people, it still gets me internally some times. Lots of therapy and things have improved this greatly, but the people who want to be in my life have to understand that it will show up every now and then and when it does a hug works better then a thousand words.

This video I literally cannot watch without balling tears. I mean buckets. Every time.

It’s good therapy for me, so it’s good tears that give me hope that this little bee girl typing this right now will someday find her people. It’s my favorite 90’s song.

Tune in next time, for another fun filled adventure into the psyche of the far out there Selosse.

:dancer:

6 Likes

The B-52’s - Summer Of Love

Bouncing Off The Satellites wasn’t one of their more popular albums but this track is one of my favorites of theirs.

4 Likes

Some of the best music videos are where the artists bring their music to the people directly on the street. I love these types of videos/impromptu concerts.

3 Likes

For the first time in many, many years, I’m gonna let my sub run out, but while I am still here:

Dope track from '91 that I never heard 'till a couple weeks ago.

I feel the influence of this, from '90, in that track:

2 Likes

Human League - Don’t You Want Me (1981)

Missing Persons - Walking In L.A. (1982)

Eurythmics - Love Is A Stranger (1983)

7 Likes

(Lady Cyndi Lou wanders in…)

/runs out crying

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

I sorely wish I could still partake here without the active sub, and I am not quitting permanently, just pretty much done-and-done with 9.0, not really excited for 9.1, and quite a bit less time these days to play.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come

Calvin Harris - Dollar Signs [Audio] ft. Tinashe

2 Likes

Your people are out there love :kissing:

1 Like
4 Likes

This YouTube DJ known as DJ Cummerbund has mixed some great hits together, and the videos are incredible.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Something from me again,
listening to it…
don’t you give up :musical_note:

1 Like

Apparently they got Walk the Moon to cover the original Ghostbusters theme song and honestly it’s really good. They very much capture the Ray Park Jr vibe of it all.

2 Likes

On the topic of good covers of old songs, currently listening to Sounds of Silence, Disturbed cover.

2 Likes