What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

1 Like

I’ve gotten on a Billy Joel kick this past weekend, he was/is such a fun singer to listen to. And he’s great in concert too.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s a great songwriter. My favorites are Summer, Highland Falls and Captain Jack

3 Likes

bootleg/remix - 25th anniversary pokemon song

Dave Koz - Nothing But The Radio On

Mariah Carey - Someday

1 Like

Something that hits the hearts of all Horde…

Yellow - I Love You

2 Likes

Casting Crowns - Glorious Day

Horribly addicted to this years eurovision songs

Italian rock

Finnish metal

1 Like

Beatles, Floyd, and other prog rock, sure.

All of my music is, “stoner” this or that LOL. :fire: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

After a while you realize the enhancement is across all art, but I digress.

My bad if stoner rock is a genre I’m not really up on, and you’re speaking of a specific style.

Was just listening to that Blur track I posted a couple days ago, now Quantic, upcoming is Lane 8, Pharrell, Bob James, and LCD Soundsystem, all of which fit into the smokey groove.

But yeah, I do dig the more “stereotypical” stoner stuff:

2 Likes

if Eurovision has already been mentioned… :grin:

1 Like

I gotta admit, it’s been forty years since I first heard a Yello track, and I’ve never ever been aware of anything other than Oh Yeah. My bad entirely; I feel a bit embarrassed given that I grew up on new wave, electro and synthpop. I Love You is pretty killer.

Bout time to get a Yello discography I suppose LOL.

Edit: Wow, they’ve been releasing albums regularly all this time, and as recently as last year. Lots of listening to do!

2 Likes

Yello just never seemed to take off in the US other than “Oh Yeah” and I suspect that was only due to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I have a few of their early/mid 80’s songs in my collection but lost track of them after that. I didn’t know they were still together & putting out new stuff, I’ll have to check that out.

1 Like

Not necessarily music this time but I am loving this new podcast featuring two of the best Hobbits from LotR.

Curve - Hung Up

I take it you watched this year’s Eurovision too?
Go_A was my top to win, I voted for them in semis and finals. I love folk in general and folky type (mixed with rock or techno) always get my votes. Plus, Slavic folk is reallllly awesome an underrated. I’m of Slavic descent myself and LOVE the representation Go_A gave and they’re a new fav band too.

1 Like

Nice yeah there is a certain genre thats all pretty similar, bands like Graveyard, Elder, Acid Mammoth, Mars Red Sky, Kadavar, some of my favorites. Should check it out!

1 Like

Right on, I will. Thanks!

Somehow my TV wound up on M2 and these guys were performing in a movie.

Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance

1 Like