What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Oh yeah.

Dead and Company with John Mayer. John Mayer sounds EXACTLY like jerry’s playing and Bobby looks like colonel Sanders!

“Don’t doubt it. Jerry did that a lot. He would notice someone not dancing, or even enjoying things, and he would focus his internal spirit, and reach out to them. It’s something he loved doing.”

1 Like

Thank you. Makes that situation even more possible that he actually did that. Awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“It’s one of the many reasons I nick named him St. Jerry.”
/smile

1 Like

I never knew my father. I adopted him as Papa Jerry. :smiley:

1 Like

“I got to meet him, and Bob, in my early teens.”
/proud grin

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember you telling me that. So awesome.

The only “rock star” I met was John Cipollina and that was only for about a minute.

I was in a nightclub back when I was 22. Before the show, he was just hanging around going from table to table just to say hello. I was with an older friend and he introduced me to him. I just said hello and how I love his guitar work. He thanked me and moved on. He was just moving around the tables just to say hello. It was a very laid back scene.

1 Like

Umm, yeah, the one above doesn’t represent him channeling Jerry as much as I thought. I only listened to chops of it as I choose it. Just finished listening to the whole thing and well, not so representative.

This one on the other hand does. Much MUCH better song anyway. I mean I want John Mayer to be himself when he plays and not just “copy” Jerry’s spirit as it were, but in John’s playing I can clearly hear Jerry in there so he’s a perfect fit for a “new Dead”.

:dancer:

George Michael - Waiting For That Day (You Can’t Always Get What You Want)

3 Likes

A classic by Foreigner from 1987

4 Likes

Sevdaliza - I have fallen in love with her music.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Mony!

4 Likes

My QMS contribution:

And something for Eddie:

3 Likes

I forget if I posted these in this thread, but Gary has some solid cuts beyond his Dream Weaver album:

4 Likes

Yeah I dig Gary Wright. Excellent vibes in many of his tracks.

:blue_square: :brown_square: :green_square: :brown_square: :blue_square:

4 Likes