What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Another Kula Shaker song. This one I want played at my funeral. Beautiful song I think anyway.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Ok, let’s place this one over here so everyone can groove to the beat of the vibes of the beautiful Sly Stone. My consciousness is deeply altered right now and I love all of you so very much. Stay safe and groove with the awesome Sly Stone. Dance until your mind is free and your consciousness elevated to the farthest reaches of the multiverse where beautiful things dwell.

2 Likes

Remember these guys?

I’m in a funky mood tonight so let’s get down with the FUNK!!!

2 Likes

A cover, but a really good one I think

2 Likes

Harley Quinn.

1 Like

Obligatory Tuesday song.

2 Likes

Smith & Jones Forever

1 Like

I’ve always found violin music to be very soothing.

5 Likes
1 Like

a pillar of truth turned into dust

1 Like

Love Emerson’s playing here, the open piano and ‘strumming’ the strings

2 Likes

Earthless - Lost in the Cold Sun

except that I’m listening to the “Live in the Mojave Desert” recording which is considerably longer; that doesn’t appear to be on YouTube. If you want to listen to the version I was listening to (40 minutes long), go to the radio station’s web site here and press play on the April 16th show - it’s the first song. That show will only be online for the next two weeks, so it won’t be available after April 29th.

Edit: It’s up on YouTube now.

I met John Cipollina from Quicksilver Messenger Service at a San Francisco nightclub back in my youth. At the time he was playing in a band in San Francisco called The Dinosaurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dinosaurs

Nice guitar work in this song from Quicksilver Messenger Service…at least I think so. Rolling Stone listed him as number 32 on the list of 100 greatest guitarists of all time.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/100-greatest-guitarists-david-frickes-picks-146383/lee-ranaldo-88476/

1 Like

Ok, I was at a Dead show and in a funk. Just kind of sitting there like BLEH!! Anyway, The Dead were playing and at a point, I saw Jerry staring right at me. At least it seems like it. Stared for a good minute or longer.

Next song was Feel Like Stranger and Jerry pumped that song like never before. So much so that even on the radio, KFOG at the time in San Francisco, talked about it for days. This was in the 80’s.

Now, do I actually believe Jerry was actually staring at me and pumped the song just for me? Damn right I do!!! But I doubt he actually did. Sure felt like it though.

That song got me out of the funk and up and dancing!!

No three letter substances that night either. Just beer and bud.

:dancer:

1 Like

Currently listening to Tom Tom Club

But you’re making me want to dust off this gem of a show:

Stellar performance top to bottom

2 Likes

Bouncing around in the show then looked it up in the archives. Yes, sounds great!

When you gave me a LIKE I noticed your name. :smiley:

Been to over 100+ shows and never heard them play Weather Report Suite. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:wink:

WE ARE EVERYWHERE

1 Like