What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

“One of my Forever Faves…”

/dance

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Madman is a great song and a really good album!

This is another of my faves, both album and song:

1 Like

What did you dream? It’s alright, we told you what to dream

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Garbage - Special

The Pretenders - Talk of the Town

4 Likes
1 Like

Michel Petrucciani Trio

2 Likes

That Brazilian Like is nice!

1 Like

General Public - Tenderness

3 Likes
1 Like

Kirsty MacColl - A New England

and They Don’t Know. I didn’t realize Kirsty wrote this song, before today I had only ever heard the Tracey Ullman version.

1 Like
2 Likes

Excellent tracks I heard off the latest Metropolis. Bangers!

(Looks like the Couchout 2020 compilation is one to get, I just realized the last track I posted a few days ago is off the same comp. If you like this kind of stuff check out Dirtybird records, an excellent label…)

:white_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_square_button: :white_medium_small_square: :white_small_square:

I saw some General Public back there, good stuff. I also like this one, fans of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off might recognize it,

…and another good one off that soundtrack (John Hughes movie soundtracks were always really good), from the Beat, an earlier relative of General Public, so to speak (same vocalists):

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Listening again to those last two tracks I posted, and wanted to post this funk/soul classic, sampled some 2,500 times in tracks that enjoyed an actual release, and probably ten times that in underground tracks.

You’ve likely heard one of the sampled drum breaks or at least the famous “Yeah, Woo!” if not in other music, then in commercials, movie trailers, whatever.

That’s James Brown on production and the JB’s backing her up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes