What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

1 Like

I remember watching Bucky on American Idol. Long ago!

:white_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_square_button: :white_medium_small_square: :white_small_square:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Threeā€™s a crowd:

2 Likes

Some UK Prog. Catch all the references? One of my favorite thirdā€¦or fourth?..wave proggers

2 Likes

Stephanie sounds really solid here:

1 Like

Never really got into Fleetwood all that much but I think this is one of the best songs ever written and she REALLY sounds great here, to me at leastā€¦

That Pendragon song is frigginā€™ awesome! Never heard of them but the lyrics on that are pretty much me, minus the Californian wife lol. I donā€™t think I get the references though so thereā€™s that.

1 Like

Pendragon is amazing, and I love her voice, Stevieā€™s. She doesnā€™t have the power of an Ann Wilson or Pat Benatar, but thereā€™s a mystique there I dig.

She invokes a little Joplin here. Janis, not Scott :upside_down_face:

Also, Silver Spring is one of my favorite FM songs.

2 Likes

Never had a problem with her voice itā€™s more of the song aesthetics or general sound with FM for me. Not that Iā€™m picking on anyone that loves them or anything. A long time ago, I was in a band and our lead singer could belt out Janis Joplin tunes like it was nothing. She was really good but our band wasnā€™t all that great lol.

But speaking of female singers, I really like Lita Fordā€™s soundā€¦

1 Like

Lita is awesome

And hereā€™s Lana Lane :metal:

1 Like

Man I was in love with Lita when I was a kid lol. Those days were so magical. I was torn between Lita or Deb lolā€¦

1 Like

my favorite blondie track

1 Like

Iā€™ll leave yaā€™ll with another tune from my childhood. Appreciate all the variety of music you guys kick out. Really helps get through the 2020 malaiseā€¦

That Blondie album cover brings back so many memories. I used to have to sneak in my brotherā€™s room and steal that album from time to time. My bro is a scary dude too, so the risk of getting caught had consequences, but always worth it lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hereā€™s an interesting cut. Itā€™s one from my new wave ā€œdaysā€:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJOJ0d7e8c

1 Like
1 Like

Love this; thank you for sharing

1 Like

Since we got on a bit of a Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac kick, hereā€™s my favorite:

But now itā€™s gone
It doesnā€™t matter what for
But when you build your house
Then call me home

1 Like

I dig that cut, too. Itā€™s got whispers of her solo album, Bella Donna.