What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

man, straight ahead metal.

I decided to post the first song to some of my favorite albums:

Lamb Lies down on Broadway - Genesis (old school prog, 1974)
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche (metal, hard rock, 1988)
Thriller - lol, do I need to list the artist? (pop, 1982)
…is a Real Boy - Say Anything (post-punk, 2004)
Milliontown - Frost* (neo-prog 2006)

This is an overture, kind of, at 2:37 you can hear Carpet Crawlers, and the geek in me just love the tapestry this music sets - a truly massive concept album; over 94 minutes. (For comparison, the wall is 80)

If you’ve not heard this album, please check it out if you like rock/hard rock/metal/music! :smiley:

It’s another concept album - an anarchist who gets twisted and used by just another power hungry individual. This was late 80s stuff. Geoff Tate voice was on point, and the rhythm section with Eddie (bass) and Scott (drum kit) made a pocket not usually associated with metal.

Collaborative artist that was incredibly creative on his own.

Probably one of my favorite post punk bands, Say Anything. Max Bemis is, I think, an underrated lyricist and songwriter. I’ve been fortunate to see these folks live a couple times - very entertaining!

A British neo-prog band, formed by Jem Godfrey. He’s a talented pop music producer, but used his super powers in the studio for good! (lol, just kidding). He plays keys and sings on many of their songs. Ear candy for those that like proggy stuff:

3 Likes

I’m a fan of Queensryche for sure, heard just about all of their stuff. I think Jet City Woman is me favorite tune by them.

That Milliontown tune is pretty good. Some parts on the keys reminded me of Shawn Lane.

Are you into Jim O’Rourke? He’s one of my favs of all time. Don’t care much for a lot of his atonal works but the real albums made of real music are just the best.

2 Likes

Haven’t been around in a little bit, busy busy…

Here’s a new wave smash hit:

:white_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_medium_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_small_square:

And a really dope upbeat remix of Fresh Static Snow:

1 Like

That is some cool stuff, almost like a “post-folk/folk jazz” fusion.

1 Like

Niiice to be back :squid:

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

:white_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_medium_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_small_square:

2 Likes
1 Like

Funky, funky.

2 Likes

The drop was crazy

2 Likes

A little old school groove

2 Likes

Cocteau Twins - Bluebeard

1 Like
1 Like

Tycho

Here’s the whole set:

1 Like

Music non-stop. Techno-pop.

“(butterflies!) No shade, (bees!) no shade, (bees!) (butterflies!) no shade, (bees!) no shine, no birds … November.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes