What are you doing for gold come WOTLK?

Played sporadically during vanilla classic and TBC classic but both were too hardcore for me, I started in wotlk last time and i’m a casual gamer. I have a mage at level 70 and will have a rogue at 70 as well, both are on different accounts. I’m kind of debating what to do with their professions, as I will spend the bulk of my time doing regular bg’s on my rogue. I’m thinking, mining and herb on the rogue since you can FINALLY queue from anywhere in the game world and maybe alchemy and enchanting on the mage. Maybe farm nodes in between 5-10 minute bg pops and send to my mage to make into potions, OR level one more character up for JC/alchemy and do a complete shuffle on the mats to maximize income. Open to suggestions on what I should do with 2-3 max level characters in order to gain passive/passivish income while I just play a couple hours a day and on weekends for gold.

What are you guys planning to do for gold? I know many of you may have 50k plus in the bank from boosting and stuff, but I know there’s gotta be others that have kinda just been waiting for better features in the game like dungeon finder and dual spec before getting serious again.

You put the crafting skills on the main raider because that’s the one that’ll get reputation and rare drops. The 2nd character can do the gathering skills. My plan with DK is alchemy/jewel while 2 others do mining/herbalism.

For gold, I don’t do anything fancy. I farmed mobs earlier on then just did daily quests. Now I rarely farm because I’m busy and don’t need more gold. I don’t spend time farming piles of gold I’ll never use. You want to make easy gold though, just go do daily quests. Elf island drowns you in gold and none of the quests are exactly difficult.

1 Like

Gonna see what kind of profit I can turn on glacial bags.

Flip stuff on the AH. I control several markets and increase prices sometimes up to 500%, depending on the item.

I also run weekly GDKPs.

:credit_card::credit_card::credit_card::coin::coin::coin:

1 Like

Multiple alts is how I’ll make my gold, mostly…

Currently 6x Xmute specced alchs (dropping one of them for enchanting in wrath)

Currently 4x JCs (Will be 5x in Wrath)

Main will be a JC cutting gems and getting patterns, the remaining 4 JCs will sell their dragonseye daily gem

All the xmute bots will be xmuting daily

And then I’ll have a Scribe and Enchanter on the alts as well, in order to sell enchants on the AH, DE-Farm the AH, and sell darkmoon cards early in wrath.

1 Like

Kill herb farmers and fishers in Wintergrasp.

Make my main raider and quickly level my gdkp alt hpally asap.

Use the hpally for gdkps to get gold.

same thing as this exp. sell ench/jc for tips. quickly get some gear with guild then level alt and do gdkp for alts on my main and use alt with guild. plan out mats to sell and purchase out to increase prices on for AH.

You probably won’t. Not as well as it was during the original. Most servers will likely have a flood of tailors trying to do the same thing.

That thought had crept into the back of my mind, yeah. That and with the prevalence and ease of making gold, the new bags from (is it Haris Pilton?) will likely put an enormous dent in any prospective glacial bag market.

Bags and higher end cloth sold for crap on Heartseeker and Bene. I think mostly because of the SL and Strat farms.

I’m torn between going herb AND mining so I can farm mats between bg pops on my rogue, but if I do, I would probably be better off going like xmute alchemy and jc on another character, but I don’t want to have to get rep or go for raid recipes for the valuable cuts. So I’m thinking, would it still be worth it to simply go something like herbalism and alchemy on the rogue, and alchemy/tailoring on the mage? Would miss out on prospecting and all that but could go potion master/elixer master on one, and use the mage to sell xmute cd/tailoring cd. This way I still can farm gold on my active rogue, and use the mage as a backup cd seller character…

Going to make gold as intended by Devs, with my credit card.

3 Likes

If you have a druid or are considering leveling one, I would highly recommend doing so and going herbalism/mining with it. It is exceedingly difficult if not impossible to outfarm a druid with flight form and once you are able to get ahold of a 310% speed flying mount (you can get one from doing all of the holiday achievements if nothing else) your swift flight form will be trucking along at 310% too. Being able to herb/mine while in form and not have to spend 1.5-2ish seconds mounting back up, mining nodes being single-taps… Druid is my go to for farming.

1 Like

Multiboxing quests and leveling alts. 5 accounts + 1 daily = bank.

Even now, without keybroadcasting software or any of the other toys we used to use, multiboxing is still wildly profitable and fun. Just set yourself up with some /follow and /assist macros and you’re golden, all without breaking the Terms of Service.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Credit card.

2 Likes

Right so you bought gold. Lol

Tokens, like everyone else.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.