What are we paying $15/mo for exactly?

so 5 instances an hour is ok, since it’s been around for years? should we have expected the free-to-play version be limited to 5 instances an hr?

1 Like

where else can we play vanilla, they destroyed p servers which were run much better.

1 Like

I dont know what to tell you other than maybe because of the nature of the game and how MMOs evolve, we arent supposed to be able to infinity play a game like this and it was a treat to even have this experience. This isnt a 1 player game that doesnt require an internet connection to play. It is alive and because of that there will be changes. The changes are made by the people that own the IP and we can either evolve with them while its still fun, or if it isnt we can quit and find sometime else to do : /

1 Like

we can also complain about said bad changes

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, you pay $15/month for the privilege of swimming in community toxicity. Enjoy! Hopefully Blizzard will do a better job with TBC Classic, by creating several different server types, which will have the added bonus effect of funneling most of the toxics to a certain server type (allows Classic character transfers & no gold cap).

1 Like

Someone heard a buzzword on reddit and failed to comprehend what it truly means or how it is applied in real world scenarios.

No one is paying 15 bucks a month just for access. You can quote some blizzard TOS if you like to rebut this but it wouldnt matter. I didn’t pay a sub fee to get gated each week.

Pretty soon i wont be paying a sub fee at all :wink:

1 Like

15 gets you access to the servers

If at anypoint you deem that isnt worth the cost then unsub

5 Likes

Except we literally are only paying for access.

Anywho. Goodbye.

4 Likes

Karen is a cringy term.

There was already gated content in the game before this change. I know Blizzard hasn’t stated this but could part of their reasoning for this change be to try to stop peoples’ unhealthy behavior of playing the game for 10+ hours a day?

1 Like

Comparing entertainment to entertainment. They are absolutely comparable. What does physical or digital have to do with it? Entertainment is entertainment.

2 Likes

look at it this way, you are paying to rent a seat in a movie theater for a couple hours (physical space) or paying to store and play characters on a different servers (digital space) Physical space costs exponentially more than digital space, so anytime you try to compare them its mute because one is inherently going to cost more than the other.

here is something more comparable: Netflix and WOW. Both use monthly subscriptions, provide “entertainment” and involve the use of digital space

As stated in the EULA, you are only paying for access to the servers. Blizzard could stop updating the game entirely if they wanted to.

8 Likes

this guy goes to every single post saying “karen” . easy case of self projecting.

1 Like

I pay 15 bucks a month to get graveyard farmed by premades =]

2 Likes

Funny, I still have access to the whole library of Blizzard games and since they are now Actiblizzard I have access to those Activision games as well even without the monthly sub.

Tell me again about what you think I was paying for?

You would have had an easier time stating we are paying for the future development of the retail verion of wow and wow classic is just a cherry on top of the Blizzard Hot Fudge Sundea.

Honestly though you just wanted to pop on the forums and accuse someone of being a Karen to justify your existence.

What a failure.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. In an ideal world maybe but not here. If so they would limited the number of pvp games one could play in a day too. If you think 10 hours is bad, 14-18 hours a day of pvp would be an easy target if they really wanted to modify unhealthy behavior.

2 Likes

Access to the servers.

6 Likes

That is true. Either way, it’s really unhealthy playing a video game for that amount of time.

3 Likes

Who else do you expect to be able to explain that policy to you, Karen?

3 Likes

In my opinion when we are paying for a subscription to a game we are paying to have access to the game and that access is whatever the holder of the IP deems it to be.

I notice a lot of times people bring up things like, “Activision / Blizzard is only doing this to make more money!”

And?

When has Activision / Blizzard ever pretended they were not out to make money? They are a business that is clearly out to make money. It’s so weird to me that there is this evil aura around the concept of making money. It’s not a strange or foreign concept.

The kids selling lemonade
The pizza parlor selling pizza
People selling on the AH

I highly doubt you will find in all of the above mentioned situations people just breaking even. I do believe you will find more often than not though people making a little bit extra over their investment.

4 Likes

Still wrong. On a side note do you know what they call people on the internet who try to be edgy and use buzzwords inappropriately all while repeating themselves constantly without making any valid points?

1 Like