What are the odds that New servers get released?

We have a formal request post up for some fresh servers with no cash shop conveniences here: A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers - #1646 by Kurisutina-smolderweb

It has just under 4.2K likes at this point. I think the market is definitely there for some new servers with no cash shop conveniences. I know there are not as many RPG’ers on the WoW Classic servers as there were back in the original Vanilla release, but I do believe we still form a sizable community playing the game.

The only issue I see is that Blizzard can make more money from the min/max crowd and their die-hard fans who will buy any convenience offered in the cash shop over the RPG’ers. And I am not sure without adequate data if the loss of subscriptions from any of the RPG’ers who leave to play another MMORPG would even matter to them against the profits they see from the min/maxers and die-hard Blizzard fans.

I am hoping they do open a few fresh servers in each area for those of us who are RPG’ers and still play this game as an MMORPG. But only time will tell if Blizzard actually cares about that community any more.

As an aside, they originally were not going to open any RP servers for Classic until the community spoke out about them. Could be posts like this one and the one above may help them to see there is a potential way to keep some subscribers by opening some new servers with no cash shop conveniences. I for one am hoping so. :smiley:

Thanks.