What are the criterias to get into beta?

Hi there. So I read there were mass invites into the beta and every one I knew in-game and I have spoken to and their mother just got into the beta. Some of them don’t even care.

I didn’t get it in.

I have been subbed constantly since the game launched 15 years ago. Semihardcore raider for all the tiers since Onyxia. 900-1000 days played combined .

I am running 2 x recruit a friend accounts on both my kids who play I a lot. I bought over 10 wow tokens, all the store mounts, countless of server transfers, a couple of boosts and all the Collectors Editions. 18000 achievement points.

I have never been banned, not even recieved a warning on the forums. I think i did one ingame ticket 10 years ago.

I been in every PTR and sent 1000s of bug reports. Participated in all the stress tests.

Now, the thing is that one would assume beta invites are random, but according to their beta support page. It isn’t. It clearly states it’s based on certain criterias.

I also work as a QA tester in a software company.

Then, what are those criterias and why are they hidden to the public?

PS: I am posting on a level 14 something warrior, because this is my US account and I play on EU. Nobody reads the EU forums.

Seen many people agree that it’s random. Even seen people claim players who have been banned receive an invite so if there is a criteria its pretty odd.

1 Like

You only need to opt in for it. After that, it’s up to RNGesus.

5 Likes

They traditionally invite people in waves depending on what they want to focus on so the criteria change on the stage the beta is on. I believe one is hardware; they need to get a representative cross-section of the machines players are running so they can find and fix issues relative to that.

In all honesty, my bet is to limit the “why didn’t I get an invite” complaints. There’s a certain level that’ll happen regardless (unless you just invite everyone) but it’d likely be worse if players knew the specific criteria. Instead of general discontent you’d get vitriolic whining that Blizz was lying because someone who met the criteria didn’t get an invite, even if Blizz explicitly said they weren’t inviting everyone that met them.

Start streaming, amass atleast 20k followers simply to advertise their product for free, collect invite - even if your sole intention is to never play beta/test anything and just complain about how much you and your followers dont want that content and would prefer content designed solely for you.

1 Like

Ok. That actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Most people who complain they didn’t get in haven’t done this.

1 Like

Stream, pretty sure thats why I got mine…

I got 2 followers currently. I will get there by 9.3 for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’s your rig?

see the problem for you is that you are too loyal of a boi. they are giving it to those players whoa re new but broed, have been around but drop out constantly. they already know they have you hooked why reward you with a good time? thats how i feel at least and im in the same boat minus the recruit a friend. been here since launch day with collectors editions and all taht jazz

1. Be a streamer/influencer/blizzard employee/friend or family of blizzard employee and have then join you in directly - 100% chance
  2. Be a mythic raider with cutting edge or top rated PVP’r - high chance but not 100%
  3. Pray to RNG you get in, or you don’t. - 1% chance
3 Likes

Streaming definitely.

RYZEN 9 3900. 32 GB ram. Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT.

1 Like

Influence or luck

First and last, I know the truth. You need to be a goblin and have the kind of luck that gets you beta five days before prepatch. That kind of luck will never fail you, and you get to be an awesome goblin while you’re at it.

I can tell you having CE doesn’t guarantee it, which is dumb really. Clearly we put in the work/effort to get CE, and at this point are just waiting for the expansion to drop for new content to go after. We are hardcore players who beat the hardest content, so why they wouldn’t want us in beta :X

Lords knows I would love to test things on Beta, but their invite system is fairly vague.

Check. Well it’s not your system.

It is totally random unless they want to test a certain feature. Example, raid content. Top tier raiders will get invites. I’ve just opt’d in every time and have been in every beta since MoP. Though MoP was kind of a pay in.

I used to think maybe they wanted to test out my computer being older than dirt. Guess not.

Did you actually opt in for the beta? That’s step 1.