What are the best professions right now?

They are saying engineering provides those things (which are useful tricks to cut time spent traveling or help out in content).

Cause you can’t use those (or have real gimped options) if not an engineer.

3 Likes

Yeah Ikr.

But I already have alchemy+engineering on my hunter, mining+herbalism on my druid (before I was farming skinning with him) and now I was wondering which professions to go.

Blacksmite? Tailoring? Leatherworking? Jewel? Inscription? That was the point.

I need choose 3 bethween these 5.

If you can’t choose why not balance out representation amongst your characters?

1 Like

Wormhole generator on 15 minute cooldown can take you to Oribos or one of the 4 other zones (minus the Maw). Pandaria engineering allows you to tinker your cloak with the goblin glider. There is a robotic engineer only AH in Oribos, and you can get a portable mailbox from Northrend. Jeeves and reaves are robots from Northrend and Legion, which give you a variety of abilities from repairs to bank access.

1 Like

Alchemy, Enchanting, and Inscription are probably the top 3.

Leather Working, Tailoring, and Blacksmith are probably middle since they have some utility items and making legendary mats.

Engineering and Jewlcrafting are probably the bottom two.

Jewelcrafting is honestly probably the worst since its just a mess where thanks to sockets being behind Venari and grinding one of the least favorite expansion features instead of a jewelcrafting thing, the legendries are your main thing but you need to prospect so much ore for essences that there is a major over abundance of gems which drives the price of gems in the basement.

1 Like

Not to necro an older post… But all my characters have Engineering and another different prof. The reason they all have engineering is because of mobility, wormholes, AH, mailbox, Jeeves. It just useful to me.

1 Like

The profession of killing.

Spartan hooting

All the Eng items listed so far are nice CONVENIENCES … that ONLY ENGINEERS CAN USE. In other words: they will make you ZERO GOLD.

Eng has been, currently is, and (afawk) always will be a loser for gold. For about a month or two at the start of an expac you can make a little gold off Sky Golems, but with WoWs population always going down, any blip in subs being from returning players and not new ones, this means Sky Golems are near saturation. Eng is a loser.

I’m sure it’s server-specific, but JC is MASSIVE right now because Ring leggos are best to make. I can make a R4 BS item that sells for 16k on my server. The same BIS JC item is 50-70k. Keep in mind, making the item costs ~20k in mats. So everyone trying to tell you “BS makes great money off leggos” doesn’t understand I’d have to LOSE 4K EVERY CRAFT. Yeah… awesome!

Profession Rules for gold in WoW, that have been true for at least 15 years and don’t seem like they’re going to change any time soon:

1> Alchem
2> Alchem
3> Alchem
4> Alchem
5> Alchem
6> Enchanting
7> JC
8> … everything else has their laughable ups and downs.

Alchem is so ridiculously OP as a profession, it’s not even funny.

If you can’t invest literally hundreds of thousands, if not 1 mil for some, into a lego proffesion to get the final ranks then profs are a joke. Mats and consumes are so heavily botted that the profit margin is basically negative when you factor in time.

What are folks selling from Alchemy? Typically on my realm the flasks and potions go for barely above what the mats cost.