What a joke blizz

So let me get this straight, Ret paladins are getting a rework because of all the crying. YET Hunters are just getting scrapped with nerfs and removal of abilities and nothing to compensate for it?

Hunters are struggling much more in pvp than Rets and they get a rework??? HOW. Hunters have had like 3, 3 changes in the patch notes since DF came out. Meanwhile Rets/Paladin have had sooo many changes. its wack

31 Likes

All three hunter specs are mediocre right now. BM needs a total redesign so it has burst damage, MM needs a talent rework so it has a few more points and can select more of their tree, and survival is… well survival, dead and abandoned.

This doesn’t even get into the PVP-side of things, or how squishy the entire class is and how defensives needs to be buffed, redesigned as well.

29 Likes

@Sylina I just want to add to that, trapping with non harpoon classes is a joke, nobody is consistently trapping over 2k cr without harpoon, even with it they can still dodge the trap in atleast 5 different ways not considering the other dps that can grounding/grip them/dispel etc…great class once again

4 Likes

I don’t see this as a negative personally. If anything, more classes should have CCs that are actually hard to land and can be avoided.
CCs like Capacitor totem and Freezing trap are far more healthy for the game than CCs like Storm Bolt, Chaos Nova or Kidney Shot.

Kidney Shot used to require the rogue to build combo point on the target and Marked for Death didn’t exist, you couldn’t just use it whenever it was ready on any target, you actually needed to set it up.

9 Likes

Hi, I like you and support alot of your statements throughout the hunter forums, but I honestly feel that besides our defensives being abysmally dated, I think trapping consistently is kinda a huge problem when your play even over 2kcr even 1500cr. Everyone knows when a hunter trap is coming because of weakauras and mid air trap announcements, even landing a steel trap on a dk that is inside of me is hard because usually there is also 5 pets there as well as the warrior im trying to kill, and landing the steel on only the dk there is going to help me. I play on a 360hz monitor, have aiming skill of global elite in CS GO, lol, and have been s2/s3 SL gladiator on bm/mm hunt, and I still struggle hard to hit traps on bm/mm. Its a huge part of our kit and were gated by the 30 sec cd, 25 sec is you decide to drop much needed pet heal or exhilaration cdr, its just all bad and we know it, just putting this out there nobody is right or wrong, but other classes having their cc abilities being lowered or hardened to be like the skill of landing hunter traps is never happening, would be cool but ya never gona happen.

7 Likes

I’d say the minion factory classes needs to be reworked for their pets to not count towards certain mechanics like traps, strike of the windlord, AoE cap, etc.
It’s not really trap that’s an issue here more than minions being completely ridiculous.
At 2k CR and above, trapping requires setup, either through intimidation or from an ally help. It’s not a bad thing to require teamwork to get a CC off.
It’s why other CCs should have harder requirements on them. Kidney Shot is the perfect example of an ability that was made way too easy to use. Energy and combo points are practically non-factor now for Kidney shot, you have plenty of both to be able to kidney shot whenever you want on whomever you want with the only caveat being the melee range on it.

3 Likes

The new tar trap was probably the best thing we ever got going into this xpac, the 4 sec root (off the root cdr* may be bugged) as well as the slow has been huge for our kit. It allows us to accurately steel and frost traps better. If they instantly use a freedom its easy to wiff a trap though. I thought I hated that kevin pet in SL that would sit on resto druids, but at least we had a good kit back then, (mainly feign death being actually viable in the meta because of craven), but the pets eating traps kinda has to go, but at the same time we need to traps pets sometimes, so idk, Ive starting maining lock and rogue now so watever lol.

3 Likes

They didn’t take feedback on our dislike for steel trap.

They didn’t take feedback on our low survivability.

They didn’t take feedback on how BM is dependent on a Bow. 15% of damage on a bow , which is equivalent to a tier set. This means 80k on Terros turning into 72k, without a bow. From decent to crap, all dependent on a single item .

They didn’t take our feedback about double tap. When our burst damage isn’t even that high - look at Arcane damage on Dathea platforms.

They didn’t take our feedback on why we don’t play SV.

Unsub guys. This developer team is dreaming

14 Likes

Ret paladins desperately needed a rework. The design was garbage, the talent trees were a joke, the builds were limited…everything was a mess. It is good that Blizzard recognized this.

It took ignoring player feedback all through alpha and beta, but it finally happened.

Rather than saying ret players didn’t need anything, and that they were “crying” but somehow you are not, just do like ret players did. Offer your feedback and quit playing hunter, or quit playing entirety.

They’ll get around to hunter, or they won’t. I bet they eventually do.

3 Likes

Hunter was one of the least represented classes in Race to world first. Echo had one in the team, having the bow was one big reason there. Even then, they actually didn’t need hunter at all. Liquid had none in their attempt.

Yes, there are one or two other class/specs with equally bad representation, but those classes have been buffed to the moon.

The removal of DT for MM wasn’t the main point. It was the shuffling of the trees. The idea to even touch Mm which was nowhere near the top for anything is very irritating. Coupled with the irritation of having to play steady focus , just means frustration.

Without Bow, BM is unplayable. Not exaggerating: 80k DPS on M Terros goes to 72k without Bow. 99% of hunters don’t have the bow, so that 1% doing 80k is irrelevant to us. Wheres 72k ? It’s bottom half of Terros logs. Almost where MM is , it’s that bad. BM was already a boring spec without burst, we use to have a CD ability but it’s a dps loss LOL. It also has abysmal AOE. Even feral which had abysmal AOE got buffed and now Feral is top 3 on Council. BM is boring, item dependent, played only because MM has one of the worst ST boss damage .

Even Demology got a ST damage buff despite having stronger AOE than MM. But Mm? Not only no buff on ST but received a nerf to burst AOE - our only niche.

Even Azor / class writer of MM is not using the new talent (tactical reload) nor Steady Focus in m+.

TLDR
MM has become clunky. The fun of bursting high on open is gone because DT is gone. Still has horrible ST

BM is boring. No burst. Snooze fest. Incredibly item dependent. Horrible AOE which have not been fixed for many tiers.

SV is LOL. Unless SV does more damage than rogues, nobody is gonna bother with SV. There needs to be a niche for SV. If it’s neither excellent in ST or AOE, why play it? We have shown that if you made SV strong in a niche (eg AOE in SL) , we will play it. But nope, fun detected. Even Shadow Priest got a buff on AOE. A huge one. They are now top spec on council.

What has been done for hunters ? Nothing .

16 Likes

Indeed, hunter situation is very sad atm…

6 Likes

Kinda like hunter huh?

10 Likes

Funnily enough Entrapment isn’t even new. It was a part of ranged Survival since Classic. So it’s just another example of Hunters having to claw back stuff that was pruned away.

5 Likes

Now apply that logic to all 3 hunter specs and this is why hunters are up in arms.

The entire class feels all but abandoned at this point.
All of the useless back and forth in the beta amounted to a mostly nothing burger with none of the major concerns being addressed and the expectation here is that they’ll do the exact same again. They’ll throw us a bone, make completely pointless changes like the RoS change and disregard the actual issues like pet survivability, lone wolf poor design, barbed shot RNG, animal companion existence, survival being a confused beastmaster, etc.

11 Likes

This guy understands and gets it

This includes all instant cast or castable CCs… right? All the CCs that require nothing more than the player to target the victim. Are they healthy for the game? Trap is the only CC that requires a ground targeting mech. It’s always been trash unless the target is on top of you. Most of the time, it requires the use of another skill to use it!!! Scatter trap, concussive shot, etc. Like WTF

4 Likes

yeah ive had to resort to mainly feet traps which requires running on top of the target, ST still impossible in a sea of pets/minions but sometimes useful…

(with the tar root talent) for aoe

#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Tar Trap
/cast Disengage

for single target use steel or frozen, have not tried HE.

since it is not on GCD, if Disengage is off cd it should trap at your feet and disengage back. sometimes macros dont always cast everything and it wont cast both…?

it would be super helpful if traps reset Disengage CD.

The issue with survivability is that if we’re brought in for lust we’re losing another survivability CD when our survivability sucks as it is. And most times I’m only brought to a group for lust

2 Likes

Yup, MM still the only spec that has to lose 10% damage to cast Lust.

BM AOE flawed by fundamental design. Blizzard has shown the ability to fix. They fixed Feral and Shadow which had strong ST and weak AOE into all rounders. Buffed WW and Fury who had strong AOE in their ST damage.

They’ve shown the willingness to make all specs viable in both ST and AOE. But when it comes to BM? Nope. No AOE buff because BM Is strong ST. MM? No ST buff because MM is strong in AOE. And the big issue is one item a Bow is 15% of our damage. How they gonna fix this ? Buff for the 99% ? Or nerf on the 1%?

We gave them a solution: adjust some of the power out from the bow and into the class. But no… they are now focusing on transmogs

So in essence they fixed every spec but when it comes to hunter - they ignore our flaws.

6 Likes

This class has been in desperate need for a revamp since forever.

The last time I was truly satisfied playing my Hunter, I had to go as far back as WoD. Since Legion, I have felt like hunters are the middle child of WoW that Blizzard doesn’t really acknowledge except only when that middle child is threatening to surpass the golden child. Only then will we get Blizzard’s backhand of nerf so we’d fall back to the middle.

1 Like