What a boar!

Sometimes Blizzard makes changes sort of under the radar and half the time I don’t even notice it until I see it around me.

So I noticed another hunter with a dark boar pet equipped with fairly fancy armor. When I checked on Petopia I find that apparently almost every boar in the game (particularly the old familiar ones from places like Durotar) have been given new skins. No more are they much the same look they’ve been since Vanilla, and the older ones with little armor pieces have been fancied up.

This is one my Horde hunter tamed from the boar pen in the Tauren starting zone.

15 Likes

Neat! I love pets with armor on them. Always thought it was pretty cool when I was able to tame a wolf from Hellfire Ramparts. Pretty sure that was one of the only pets that hunters could tame that had armor or gear on them. Was also neat that the pet resembled a Horde wolf mount, which makes for fun RP.

I’m gonna have to go tame this guy since I love pets like this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :smiley:

2 Likes

i noticed this new boar skin also and imo it looks much better now i do think

Dang. That boar looks awesome. I think I might have to go get one now.

Dang, that boar is lookin’ good!

1 Like

That’s some pig.

2 Likes

I dont remember exactly, but i think they did a skin update for alot of beasts during start of bfa and shadowlands. forgot which one was for boars

THEY CALL ME, MR PIG!!!

3 Likes

I think it would be interesting if hunter pets could have their own limited armour and weapon slots.

2 Likes

I wanna spank it

Visions of Deliverance are dancing through my head now. Shall we name him Ned Beatty?

2 Likes

I just wish there were a lot more mechanical hunter pet options, as my diaper gnome is sticking entirely to taming mechanicals and it’s depressing how few there are out there. :frowning:

Please Blizzard, make more mechanical mobs we can tame for our little hunters!!!

2 Likes

I’ve love to have a mechanical bear. I’ve toyed with the RP idea of Thorland not wanting to put a living animal in danger. You would think with a mechanical pet anything would be possible. We do have a mechanical bear cub mini pet. Let us have the big one. :heart:

3 Likes

Just when u think those boars are hard to kill. They come up with this. It does look good.

They list the boars on Petopia as being reskins from 9.1, so they are very recent changes. I certainly hadn’t seen any hunters with any of them before the last couple of days. I think many of us hunters were caught by surprise.

oh cool, i didn’t know it was THIS recent

I’m still disappointed about Lonehunter, Crackle/Sanguifang, Gorehorn, etc…

I used to have a Gnome with two mechanical squirrels and a little one as a battle pet. It was great. The squirrel is amazing.

:cookie:

1 Like