Whale Shark

Are whale sharks dangerous?

On Azeroth they will straight up kill you.

3 Likes

I’ve won every fight I’ve gotten into with a whale shark.

5 Likes

…

11 Likes

We don’t know because there are never any survivors to tell us the stories.

They look like they could swallow you whole. However, I thought they ate plankton.

So, what would a whale shark do if it actually swallowed person? Would they just keep swimming and digest you just fine, or is their body built to only digest little plankton?

1 Like

I am upset that we haven’t had a whale shark show up so far in Shadowlands.

Every expansion since Cata has had at least one whale shark.

Cata had the OG Whale sharks, along with Wil’hai and Mobus
MoP had Evermaw and the Shrouded Cetacean’s
WoD had the Savage Whale Shark
Legion had the Vicious Whale Shark and Sarukel during the Mistress fight in ToS
BFA had Barathruum. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Deadliest_Cache:_Carpe_Diem

3 Likes

I bet there’s a whale shark on Zereth Mortis.

bfa had…this

2 Likes

That thing looks scary. And I have never seen it before. Where located?

2 Likes

Whale and shark mounts that eat players, yes that sounds like fun.

:whale:

2 Likes

Zereth Mortis needs a ghost whale shark flying around the sky.

6 Likes

Someone was playing Mass Effect 3 when they designed that.

2 Likes

They are notorious for hunting you down and killing you even in a cave you’re not safe from them.

What a great link. A number of us spontaneously decided to take on a whale shark back in Cata. It wasn’t pretty and kind of reminded me of the story told in this link.

“Thought i should share my experience of whaleshark. Me and five or so guildies were questing in the area killing Naga and whatnot, when i noticed a small yellow dot on the corner of my minimap. I began to swim over to mine said dot when i noticed it… whaleshark! With his big funny mouth and little beady eyes! I called the guys over and we went about discussing if we could take it or not. We decided tank’n’spank was the best course of action and off i charged, in full gnomish glory! Devistate hit 6k, than 8 and sheild slam for 10k! Rawr! All whaleshark did was blink. It was that blink that hit me so hard it disbanded my guild and deleted my account. Curse, vent, every expansion uninstalled. Even the desktop icon and my background of chromie gone. I had to log onto the guild forum to find out what was going on! It turns out the rest of the guild tried to run but to no avail, whaleshark opened his huge mouth and hit them all with 560k effortlessly. Anyone wearing metal had his armour shattered, the casters were stripped naked and one druid had his tree form turned into tooth picks. It was terrible.”

3 Likes

As someone who has swam with a Whale Shark IRL, they’re actually really placid and just treat you like another fish hitching a ride :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They’re just trying to lure you into complacency.

2 Likes

A little over exaggerated but yeah,he can kill a whole guild.

They do. Their mouths are large but if I recall correctly their throats aren’t large enough to swallow anything even remotely the size of a human.

2 Likes

100% this. there very peaceful and only eat plankton. people can go up and touch them and they dont give a dam

also about the whole swallowing thing, i do remember last year or the year before someone did get swallowed by a whale (dont know what type) one but got spat back out. think he broke his arm. the new article is prob somewhere online about it