WET Community Lounge: Reborn

i heard of a dumb idea you might like…

But the question is… do you have a ton of dynomite and a guitar?

I have some TNT, but my dog Roger chewed up the guitar. For such a big dog, he’s still a puppy in many ways.

2 Likes

hmmm

okay, another idea… a pile of flesh goop instead… oh and put it in a bag just in case…

1 Like

I have no idea where this is going but I have a feeling that I’m going to like it.

2 Likes

Basically, big boom once big horde of undead go for the nibbles!

1 Like

((slight sidenote, I am sharpening my bushcrafting knife while posting. I’m trying to find the right edge for me to make better feathersticks with my dexterity issues. I can explain what those are if needed.))

I’ll make seven.

((I’ve got to go to OKC and back home twice tomorrow so I’m off to bed.))

2 Likes

and if movies are anything to go by are short time of safety will be shattered by zombies with rage timers

Feathersticks? What exactly is a featherstick and what is it for, out of curiosity?

1 Like

Best I just show you.

Edit: I’ve been doing woodlore/bushcraft since the 90’s. I’m the kind of guy who talked a bunch of people into giving himself his Survival Merit Badge in the Boy Scouts.

1 Like

So, you’ve seen how they’re made, but “what are they used for?” you ask. It’s a survivalist technique for fire-starting when it’s difficult to find good, dry tinder and kindling. You look for a dead branch that hasn’t yet fallen from the tree, shave a good tuft of thin-as-you-can curls on the stick then attempt your starter method on it.

PS: @Naham. I’m not really much of an outdoors person ( I like the great outdoors, but I’d still prefer to return to my house at the end of the day), but I do enjoy survivalist shows, and the occasion look into techniques. I’ve been a bit of a Les Shroud (Surviorman) fan. Are there a few concise, reliable resources you might recommend?

2 Likes

Books:
Tom Brown
Mors Kochanski, also has a few really good youtube videos out there.
SAS Survival Handbook
Foxfire Series
Boy Scouts of America Field Guide

YouTube:
The Gray Bearded Green Beret
Pathfinder School
Dutch Bushcraft Knives
Corporal’s Corner
Survivor Lily
Russian Survival
I forgot Primitive Technology and Bush Lore Survival

2 Likes

merry christmas from the crusade of scarlets

4 Likes

Happy Holidays to you all. And belated Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi it’s been awhile anyone still around

1 Like

Waves. I’m here.

1 Like

Statement: Unit Nerivos is around, unit has been in standby mode until forums are commented within.

1 Like

Been attempting to maintain sanity while surviving the dreaded dailies.

1 Like

hello elf comrade!
/salute

1 Like

What is dead may never die.

Hail, Kaldorei friend.

/salute

1 Like