Were people as angry about the Lightforged joining the Alliance as they were the Nightborne joining the Horde?

Is that justification for the genocide? Don’t you remember they tried to genocide Humans and also Elves? Plus all the other races who formed the initial alliance.

Wasn’t genocide, it was revenge

They brought their demon brothers to Draenor, corrupted the orcs, and they died for it

If they draenei didn’t cause such unimaginable destruction across the cosmos, the orcs woulda continued to live peacefully on Draenor and the humans probably woulda kill themselves by causing even more wars

Draenei weren’t on Azeroth when the Orcs invaded. They were in limbo going to crash later.

This argument does not stand

Yea no ones talking about the draenei being on azeroth, don’t know why you brought that up

Where exactly did I bring Draenei on Azeroth to you?

Just now?

“Draenei weren’t on Azeroth when the Orcs invaded”

Why did you bring that up? It had 0 to do with my comment

That’s because you said:

Revenge on who? They entered Azeroth for the first time.

Nobody really ever expected Lightforged to go Horde.

Problem with the Nightborne specifically is that the player -who may be Alliance or Horde- raises them up from basically nothing. If you’re an Alliance player the Nightborne literally would not exist without you, so to have them stab you in the back like that feels really crappy, especially when their reasoning for doing so was so painfully thin.

I’m sure some people are going to claim it’s because Alliance players are ‘whiny’ or whatever, but I don’t think that’s true. Like, nobody was upset about Highmountain going to the Horde. Blizz just really dropped the ball with the way they set the Nightborne, having Alliance players bond so closely with them when they intended for them to become enemies.

1 Like

I remember people being angry that the night borne and HM tauran Joined the horde. I also remember people saying legion was a horde expansion cause of it…even though 50% of it was alliance based. I mean the entire last patch was light borne nonsense

Do you… not realize the Draenei were on Draenor first?

That’s where the whole draenei murder happened, Orcs didn’t come to azeroth to chase the draenei

Are you sure you’re on the right topic?

My first post was basically this:

they can have their lightforged. give us Eredar.

1 Like

I wasn’t around, but I imagine not. Alliance tends to complain more and claim bias.

Yea I misread some wording, I was talking about the draenei the whole time, I breezed right past the human murder

Draenei’s fault that entire thing happened anyway

Plus it was to take over the world, not genocide all of its inhabitants

All Legion ARs were shoehorned and rushed. :woman_shrugging:

But to answer your question, not really? Though there wasn’t as much of an emotional connection to the LFD as players had with the Nightborne. The LFD campaign wasn’t even really focused on them as much as it was about Turalyon and Alleria.

you know what? I like you, I think you might like these threads I made way back when:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/just-finished-the-maghar-scenario-the-draenei-lightbound-orcs-did-nothing-wrong/26807?u=iandore-thrall

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzards-stories-are-getting-more-nuanced-to-their-total-detriment/30063?u=iandore-thrall

I mean when you destroy characters ti get the ball rolling, garish and queen screamer (cant spell syl name to save my life right now) it kinda hurts how the horde looks. Garrosh in stonepeak was very honorable and I wished they kept him that way and didnt do a complete 180 with him.
Syl cared about the undead very much in the beginning but now she has done a 180 and doesn’t care about anything .

They need to stop butchering the horde story to progress the game.

I think the reaction was more like…

…wut? Why isn’t this just a customization?

This was doubled down on when the Night Warrior quest came out.

1 Like

Should have been ethereal Alliance and nightgown horde with high elf and void options for belfs back then

When it comes to alliance races in BFA high elves has been dominating everything else. So if there is drama about other races like allied, it gets buried pretty fast lol.

Personally I dont rember much drama around it, though thats because i probably didnt care about lightforged and would have liked the drug addicted nightbourne instead.