We're not making enough noise about layering

It would not take long to get 1k gold if you know the right spots to abuse, Chests/Rare spawns etc, and you are ahead of the curve in the high 40’s and 50’s.

Considering the layering exploits we are now seeing you were absolutely correct. I think people got tired with blizzard and telling them to it ruin the game, we just didn’t have any energy left to fight layering also.

2 Likes

I rolled a character on an RP realm and they still have layering everywhere even in capitals. There was people complaining they can’t RP with others because they’re not on the layer where most people are RPing. Layering is just wrecking Classic for every single community.

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea, but I think they’re still thinking Classic is going to die in a week or something so they don’t want to do that.

Still really don’t understand their mindset on that one, a lot of people are getting attracted to the game and enjoying it quite a bit. I’ve had several IRL friends decide to come to the game after classic’s launch, and I myself haven’t played since early Cata and was absolutely loving the game until I started seeing group invites for layering abuse.

1 Like

Exactly. And when more popular content like Naxx comes out we could see Classic bigger than it is now. Though that depends on how they fix things like layering and the fact we’re on a patch that is a nerfed state of Vanilla.

If you like layering it should honestly be a bannable offense. You support a system that allows for the game to be exploited.

1 Like

So we’ve got screenshots of 1000+ black lotus and arcane crystals, true or not there probably is some huge stockpile already somewhere because of layering.

How would we know any screenshots did not come from private servers?

Layering actually turned out even worse than my worst fears.

4 Likes

i’m still not seeing any screenshots… peopel are now lying about seeing screen shots ffs…

1 Like

I am very disappointed about this.

1. One of the primary reasons who Classic was a better game than retail was the quality of the experience. It wasn’t just a gear race, it was also a game where there were consequences for antagonistic social habits, there were economic requirements and restrictions, and tradeskills had a meaningful role in the game. Enabling layering abuse has killed these things within the first week of play.

2. I was happy to pay $15 to Blizz to play Classic because of the expected integrity of the experience. I never imagined that moving from a knock-off to the official realms would provide a worse environment to play in. I’m really disappointed at Blizz’ apparent lack of concern about layering abuses.

Please @Blizz show me that you care about your game enough not to let it be destroyed within the first month.

4 Likes

I really don’t think you are looking all too hard. Not a matter of whether or not it’s happening, just a matter of when it will be fixed/how it will be fixed.

I’ve gone through hundreds of posts in 3 separate threads so far asking people to post screenshots and nothing…

And if you don’t have proof it’s happening why are you believing it?

the addon posted is basically confirmed fake/doesnt work so that was a big fat lie.

and still no screen shots proving someone has all this.

this is a simple case of the salem witch trials where someone claims loud enough that someone else is a witch and trolls jump on the band wagon to stir controversy.

I’ve tried layering and it is no where near as exploitable as people say it is.

3 Likes

Kozzie are you joking? The layering exploiting is obvious. Everyone saw Jokerd do it live on stream and there’s 24hrs + of video evidence of that.

1 Like

Yea… i saw him do it, he didn’t start really using it a lot until 58-60. took him multiple attempts to get to a new layer and more often than not he sat there waiting… also… he had like 100+ people to switch to to try and get new layers. Most normal people will never be able to get that many people to wait around for you to switch layers.

so it’s not really a plausible idea that anyone can exploit this into making 160k gold or whatever the ridiculous claim is now.

2 Likes

Oh yea, and there’s this… Layer switching is the problem, not layering itself - #20 by Pazorax-1880

1 Like

Fov and perspective depth to drawing the world changed with the updated engine.

As did lighting, effects, various other bits. Pservers use the 1.12 client without any of these changes. Not hard to spot.

More examples of layering being abused as the game goes on:

Still nothing done besides a meaningless cooldown addition.

3 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care. It makes things more accessible.