We're not making enough noise about layering

Ahh, that makes sense

Still not enough apparently. No word on any changes to layering yet.

I mean they don’t need to make a blue post about changes to Layering if they have no plans for any changes.

Likely they do plan to make changes. I can’t imagine what the Stress Test Delay is all about other than for them to make changes to layering, as the Stress Test is literally ONLY to test layering.

All this damn crying over layering which is going away within a reasonable amount of time once the mass influx calms down… lmao!!

If your honestly that concerned over layering, I would encourage you to NOT get involved with Classic WoW when it launches and wait for at least a month before you start.

Please allow the rest of us who aren’t bothered by this layering to enjoy something awesome that Blizz was kind enough to make for the community. Is it perfect? No, and frankly that’s OK!

Well, we’ve made too much noise apparently. A forum moderator locked and even unlisted my thread (without reason) which categorized and documented the known layering exploits and problems.

1 Like

I’m going to poop in your cheerios every day for a few weeks. Don’t worry, it’ll be over within a reasonable amount of time. So your complaints in the meantime are unjustified!

That’s how it works, right?

3 Likes

If ANY of you could be bothered to actually look into what layering actually is.

The reason it’s being added is because initially, the game is going to be a massive bottleneck. Over the first few weeks, people are going to be leveling at different paces, they’re going to make different choices of what zone to go to. The tons of people who no-life the beginning of every content release in this game are going to go back to their normal playing habits.

The server can handle all 11k people if they all stay, which they won’t. There’s 15 years of player habits to back that up. If that happens, you’re going to have 11k people on a single instance of the world (as layers get reduced, they’re raising the population cap per layer). Because it’s going to cause massive performance issues for the average person’s computer, they’ll probably open servers if it comes to that point and give transfers to it, you know, like they did back then.

So what happens if a server stays above 3k population after the initial burst and Phase 1which is very likely to happen? Will they be forced to keep layering? Classic is not going to just be popular at the start. In fact I think it will be MORE popular in the later phases as more and more people who quit WoW. Remember over 100mill unique accounts have been made, that’s a lot of people who quit, not saying all will come back but a lot will.

C# doesn’t interpret 0 as a false, I believe.

First, there’s no 100% chance they will remove layering. In fact the chance for them to keep it is likely very high as the population of the game will not likely drop off as drastically as people think. Many well known retail players have looked at Classic, thought they wouldn’t like it, and got a taste in the Beta and changed their mind entirely. I think that will be the case with many of the “tourists”.

Please allow the rest of us who aren’t bothered by this layering to enjoy something awesome that Blizz was kind enough to make for the community.

But far more importantly this comment also makes your entire post sound like babbling, angry nonsense which I guess exposes your true colors here.

So I leave you with this question:

??? How is my thread preventing you from enjoying anything???

Like you used the words “Please Allow” as if I’m somehow restricting you from something. Am I your long lost dad or something and maybe just don’t know it? Like how am I restricting you from enjoying anything, lmfao

Not enough noise honestly.

1 Like

Hah, I can guarantee that it most certainly does. .NET is the one that represents 0 as False and -1 as True.

Try Convert.ToInt32(false); and Convert.ToInt32(true).

Yeah but the Runescape Classic popularity led to OSRS which is the Classic+ equivalent. I think Vanilla WoW and BC once they release that will lead to a Classic+ type of game. I would love especially if they redid Northrend. Wotlk was great but I would never play legacy servers. The practices which ruined the game started in Wotlk, with content being too easy, LFG being added, etc

Converting and interpreting are two different things! I can convert many data types, including boolean, into integers.

In Python: if 0: interprets false.
In C# if (0) is a syntax error.

Give it 2 months.

I wish people made noise like this for forced CRZ and sharding…

Well part of the reason they didn’t is by then most of the community that cared had already quit the game. Fortunately many of those same people who quit are now in these Classic forums, which is helpful.

1 Like

how is this thread still going ?
Talk about blowing a non-issue all out of proportion
Layering will be in phase one to account for the large number of people trying classic when it first comes out. As that number drops (which anyone with a brain knows it will) they will remove layering.
The benefit of it when everyone is suddenly at level 1 and starting out will be incredible. The disadvantages few.

I honestly feel bad for you. You seem to be triggered over this layering thing and then try to reference it as to an IRL experience you apparently had? I can understand why your so salty now, please seek help!