"We're not adding any new customization options." VS one man who added the mixed race hair-styles/body types/eye colors and more with little to no effort in days even minutes

Omg those models look so good!
Blizzard : We know players love new customization!
Community: Absolutely!
Blizzard: So we wont be adding anymore in shadowlands.
Community: What why?
Blizzard: We want to add it with new conte t! But not in shadowlands!
Community: So timegated till next expansion? Gets wallet ready in 2-3 years…

5 Likes

And yet the person shows exactly how it was done, sure it doesn’t work for all models. Taurens as an example.

But this person already made skinny kul’tirans, thick blood elves, bulky Trolls all with armor applied to them as well. Via decreasing the animation bone itself.

As for hair? To quote.

These sort of hair swap customisation options aren’t hard to implement. Truly they aren’t difficult to implement. I’d say at most it’s 3 minutes to properly weight paint and anywhere between 1-5 minutes of tweaking the mesh to fit on the head (so there are no gaps between the scalp) as not all head shapes are the same on models.

11 Likes

He doesn’t look like an elf, any type of elf, he looks human.

This is the problem with randos doing customizations, they create what they want or think looks good as opposed to what is in line with and good for the game. I don’t know how many customization request folks make on this board that boil down to make trolls/elves/orc/undead/ect look more human. More homogenization is not good for the game.

I really like the customizations Blizzard did but I think some of them already crossed that line and we don’t need more.

2 Likes

And people go like “They should focus in content!” and look at guys doing that in days.

:rofl:

I laugh, but really is disappointing. First time in the game I feel that disappointed and not because I didn’t get what I want, but because they can do it, ask for feedback, it’s proven it’s possible and yet they don’t even care at all.

4 Likes

If you say skin colors crossed the line i’m going to laugh…

4 Likes

its amazing how the community can be so passionate yet blizzard cutting costs on a feature that everyone will like, a feature that have way way more positives than negatives a feature people from races that haven’t received customization asking for more than half a year now and we suggest ideas

yet we have nightborne which since its release it was lacking so many features and options, and finally we had expansion that focus on customization so nightborne players had hopes we will get something, even a small amount would be good for us but at least SOMETHING, then they just close their doors while they gave other races treatment and we left behind, how is that “good enough”?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-are-you-even-listening/877830

5 Likes

If Blizzard is too lazy to make more customization options, they should give the community tools to do ourselves. I bet in less than a month we have customizations for every race and the nightborne model fixed.

10 Likes

i actually had idea yesterday, Valve for example made workshop for TF2 so the community come up with ideas and artwork and then the highest voted work gets implemented into the game, i mean if blizzard truly lazy they can make a workshop idea

Won’t happen… because Blizzard doesn’t want to deal with the TTP metric.

And? Why is that an issue?

6 Likes

Really, Blizz should just hire some interns to help with story, customization, bugs, etc. That way they can focus on the larger aspects of gaming, deeper coding requirements. Everyone wins.

Cause it will cost them money something they don’t want to do. Except when it come to giving themselves a bonus and a new Yacht or materials items. They’re have invested in themselves and not this game

2 Likes

Blizz says “Won’t happen.” A lot. Though yes a tool for us to use wouldn’t happen. But they can at least throw a bone and give us some new looks every patch or so.

Do you even know what the TTP metric is?

And honestly… with all the issues people seem to have… throwing a bone isn’t going to change anyone’s mind… most have made up their minds. A cosmetic difference isn’t going to change someone’s mind about leaving at this point…
Personally I care less about what my character looks like underneath his armor… I care that most of the armor sets for this expansion I think look like garbage and don’t fit my character identity at all. When the first thing I do after getting a piece of gear is “transmog” over it… there’s a issue. I want the artists focused more on making what we wear not look like trash cans.

Honestly nightborne got dealt dirty 100%, i’d even say LF draenei is also on that list. What with their flat bears that are more thin than a sheet of paper.

5 Likes

lol. Since when has Blizzard cared about clipping issues? Try using the WW mage tower weapons on ANY race that isn’t an Orc. Any.

5 Likes

xDDDD totally, he looks also kind of dumb?

I don’t play monk… I’ll have to look it up.

The point is, everything has clipping issues in this game. They don’t care about that. It’s something we’ve grown to expect.

But there’s absolutely no reason for Nightborne to have less customization options than a character created on Classic WoW.

8 Likes

Elf-Sploitation films?