Well, time to admit defeat

Survival isn’t getting anything else most likely. This new build, only thing survival was mentioned for was a grammar error.

All the feedback on deaf ears like I knew it was going to be. Rip the dream. Hopefully the damage isn’t to bad where can still be able to raid and mythic plus competitively and not forced to just go MM

10 Likes

Hunter has fallen down my list simply because while MM looks fun everything else looks like problems… Sad to see it.

1 Like

I might just roll another class and keep hunter in the back burner. It may not be the best in 9.0 but who knows what 9.1 etc will bring.

1 Like

Oh well. SV is a dead spec. With SV you want to be able to get DPS spot for raids. So I quit Sv in shadowlands. All other DPS spec can provide something to the raid even enh shammy.

3 Likes

I was going to bail on my hunter until I saw we are getting kill shot and Binding shot baseline. Will be fun times in bgs

Assuming the template doesnt gut the damage like it did in BFA

I was going to main Suv in BFA till they turned the rotation into a 3 button joke. Legion had an actual skill based rotation that was fun. This is not just bad, this is neglegece.

1 Like

Zero changes to talents. Zero changes to the baseline toolkit that weren’t number tweeks or that weren’t given to all specs. Zero attention to the pleas of the community. Zero _____'s given by blizzard about the state of survival going into SL.

1 Like

They said they were not going to do any major class changes this expansion. So most likely next expac will have the big changes, for good or ill.

You don’t need a major class change, giving back the old BFA rotation with AotH would have been a very fun build.

Sure. I don’t disagree with that. Just seems Surv hunter was way down on the list of ‘things to do’ before expansion goes live.

Not trying to get into a surv hunter arguement or anything btw.

My biggest issue with SV in BFA was its Serpent sting duration issue and how it shorten with haste but that was discreetly addressed in the PTR so now Serpent sting has a static 12 sec duration.

For me this addresses the flow in the spec a lot and adds much more value to Hydra’s bite and it leave for a lot more focus to be spent on mongoose bites and not worrying about refreshing my serpent sting early.

It also means that with Viper’s venom you get enough free Serpent stings to barely have to hard refresh your serpent sting on the target.

1 Like

Honestly, I really think Blizzard just doesn’t know what to do. They have a tendency to leave things alone if they have zero idea of what to do.

It sucks, for the Hunter class as a whole. :confused:

1 Like

Absolutely. Blizzard doesn’t know what to do with the Hunter class as a whole, especially Survival. They messed up big time and now they’re too lazy to make any significant changes to fix it, so they shall just let it suffer in suckiness.

2 Likes

Remove hunter’s mark, make trick shots work on 2 targets, make mongoose and infusion baseline.

They can make a quick “good faith” change like this to let us know they care at all. They can say “we will be working more extensively on hunter soon but here are some QOL changes for now”.

5 Likes

Survival is my favourite spec currently but my god

Where are the passives on this spec?

We got kill shot back and a bunch of ability we will never use aside from some extremely niche situations

I love this spec in its current form but we are losing our azerite passives that should just be standard passives

We also need a way to boost our damn focus or something so haste just isn’t the be all and end all

1 Like

Tell that to Aff, Shadow, Enhancement, Elemental (though they reverted their major change), Balance, Holy paladin, and Protection paladin, all of which had spec rework level changes applied to them in SL, with the fundamental resource mechanics and rotation changing for every single one of those specs.

I’m surprised I have to point this out this late in the game, but just because Blizzard says something doesn’t mean that’s what they are going to do. In fact, it’s maybe 50/50 that that’s what they are going to do. Their blue posts are like 75% PR BSingand 25% actual development realtalk.

3 Likes

I think this is the most common sense approach, even if it means empty talents in the tree for a while.

Also remove the damage aspect of HM.

Half yes (keep HM, but remove dmg component so we can use it for pvp) and very much yes for trick shots.

no and no. I dislike both of those. Let me have my own choice.

Wilderness survival is the only passive I regret losing and even then, without it the spec flows just fine. (got a lvl 70 alt I use to quest through wotlk atm and it flows just fine)