Well, I know I don't need gear but

Just unsub! Its ok, nobody will blame you. People will understand, its just not your thing. No crying, baby, its ok. There are many people unsubbing and then resubbing each day, no shame there. Just move along, get lost in something else, something that gives you pleasure. Try Tic-Tac-Toe - its a game you can play forever, and never worry about running out of gear! Sounds good? Yeah. right up your alley, I know! Here, put down your head on my shoulder, its ok to cry! Daddy will pet you… Its ok!

That isn’t a daily thing - I am pretty sure you only get to kill 25 horde for 400 gear once a week.

And the warfronts are a few hours every few weeks kind of thing.

Also, my emissaries for all my characters are still only 370 which is the same I was getting last week so no change there.

Well that is the content BfA has for you…
Emmisaries are bugged atm, they will scale once fixed.

That is WoW’s content atm, if you dont like it just unsub man.

I would, as indicated in my opening post, but I bought the boat so I have a few more months of game time paid for and by that time the new raiding with leases will be here and I like doing those so…

In any case, if the things are bugged and I can’t see how the heck they would be because really it isn’t hard to put a new number in and I am pretty sure this wasn’t happening on the PTR so, it is a wait and see I guess.

I hope Blizzard pays attention to this thread because it’s another example of how unlimited catchup mechanics are ruining the game for the people who are trying to PLAY the game and not just “gear” a bunch of alts.

As someone pointed out recently as well, these can’t even reasonably be called “catch up” mechanics anymore as much as it’s just “the way to gear” for a huge chunk of players.

I’m sure they had a blast being geared like a Heroic raider for the first tier but I’m predicting that what’s left of the casual community is going to die out hard in season 2 when they realize what the OP is trying to say here and that there’s nothing for them to do outside of wait around for Warfronts.

1 Like

I am not going to all of a sudden start raiding normal plus just to have content.

Lmao you are playing the wrong game pal. This is an mmo

Really all of a sudden after 8 years I am playing the wrong game ? How odd.

The problem was those incursions giving 370 gear if they aren’t increasing the emissaries and incursions now for people at the 370 ilvl.

Do mythic plus

1 Like

The assaults will scale once they correct them. World quest gear will go up to 370 you just aren’t high enough ilvl for that to occur yet.

Again though if this is not enough for you then you are perhaps playing the wrong game.

The problem is they gave you too high a gear level too early and made brand new content irrelevant before you even got to do it.

If warfronts/emmisarys/incursions had given you more appropriate gear (340-355) then you would still have rewarding content to look forward to.

They broke the game for a lot of people that way.

The guy below your post gets it. You don’t. My characters are ilvl 370 now, why aren’t they high enough to get ilvl 370 gear ? What point is ilvl 370 gear when you are ilvl 390 ?

idk ask Blizzard, their cutoff is very inconsistent at best.

Just chiming in here with personal and anecdotal experience. This lock is 374, I run the occasional mythic and not super serious into raiding (partly because my server doesn’t have the most active raiding community). My rewards from the incursion and the Zandalari cache are both at 370. I’ve gone past the breakpoint to get them to go to 375 or higher, but they haven’t.

Yes the new season started, but it looks like the upped rewards won’t be coming until tomorrow for incursions and emissary rewards. I’m figuring that because the incursion was active when everything reset today, and the emissary had been going so it didn’t get a chance to reroll.

Well, they just upped the World Quests, Incursions and Warfronts (all content you would play) to M+10 level last month. That’s a massive jump. Yes, you used that to get up to that level and now they had to up M+ just to provide incentive/gear distance from easy content.

Your issue isn’t really a gear issue (because I doubt you want to get M+10 or mythic raiding gear from doing simple world questing, right?) You have an issue with “nothing to do” because you don’t raid, don’t M+ and don’t PvP…

I don’t have an answer because I am missing what Legion had that BfA doesn’t in this regards. Other than, perhaps, letting you “gear up” too fast?

At this point in legion, I had paragon caches with mounts in them to chase for. Because people complained about this I have absolutely no reason to do these, plus I already have all the rewards from them anyway (except for the turtles and those are only toys anyway).

I guess that is the difference. In legion we had legendaries as well that were of interest in the emissaries.

Plus there was this, so I was expecting something different than I got last week in terms of rewards.

K, well I can’t help you there. If there are no mounts or other things you want to get, then yeah, why do any of the content? You are right there and they didn’t put enough mount grinds in BfA. I’ll take your word for that, I never grind mounts.

But as for legiondaries, there is plenty of that right now - it’s the specific azerite gear you can now target via currency. So that’s there, for sure.

Azerite gear is a replacement for tier, they aren’t powerful enough to be legendaries.

Sorry but they are correct, what do you need the gear for? If you did any pvp, even random bg’s you would get upgrades, M+ upgrades, raid more upgrades.

As for right now, you can get a 385 item from the weekly quest. If you are Alliance a 400 for killing some Horde noobs. 400 from the world boss that will be up soon, 400 (I think) from the warfront quest. There are plenty of ways to slowly gain a 400 set without doing any real content in the game.

Please read the thread if you are going to claim they are correct. I stated numerous times including in the subject heading itself, I don’t need gear but in lieu of fresh content gear gives me something to do.