Welcome to Lagfest 2019

A lot of us are experiencing horrible lag in Arathi Highlands. Home and world latency are fine. It’s just serious lag. It makes it hard to do dailies. This was on my hunter on Drenden.

1 Like

Its like that everywhere, worst part seems to be when those worthless Incursions start. Those bog down the server like its 2004…

2 Likes

Yea I was leveling alt in drustvar for a couple mins. Logged out it has been like that for 2 to 3 days at times it seems.

1 Like

It’s been that way since the 8.1 patch. Their chat servers are fine, but all world / instance servers are messed up horribly. I live in a major coastal US city and have never had more than 50ms ping to this game; recently it hovers around 3,000ms. If I close the game (cannot exit the game normally as the lag is too bad; I have to kill the process) and reconnect, 9/10 times the issue is suddenly “fixed”. Temporarily.

I have not seem them acknowledge this issue.

Yeah it’s so sad to see a huge game like world of warcraft go down the crapper because of the lack of care the developers put into the game now. They always blame it on your internet when in reality 8 times out of 10 its actually on blizzard.

You or any other person who players other multiplayer games probably notices that lag like this doesn’t happen on any other games. When you see lag in wow, test your other games and you’ll see it isn’t your internet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

TL;DR Version: Update your addons, or try playing without them. See if that fixes the issue.
I was having a hard time with lag when 8.1 rolled out. When I checked my ping by hovering my mouse over the red question mark, I noticed my addons were using an INCREDIBLE amount of memory. The lag I was experiencing had to do with a malfunctioning addon sucking up all of my memory. (I can’t remember which addon it was.) Anyway, I was going to delete the addon until it got fixed, when I noticed there was already an update for it. Updated it, along with all of my other addons, and my lag went away. Try updating addons or playing without some.

Howdy!

A lot of users in this thread are using the same ISP or are in the certain region of the US. This could be related to a routing issue between you and our datacenter. Try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they help:

1. Power Cycle your home network’s router and modem.
  2. Flush your DNS cache using the commands Here.
  3. UI reset as Brêw<Undaunted> suggested.

If the issue continues we can track the source by running a WinMTR for 10 minutes when the issue is occurring.

Additionally if your Home/World latency are low but you notice major delays with using abilities or accessing loot. We have a known issues thread for US players Here, and AU players Here. At this time this issue is being reviewed by our developers for resolution. The only workaround that some have reported help if is toggling Warmode on or off.

Thank you.

When winmtr shows no packet loss and speed test shows that I’m getting full speed, when the in game ping counter shows low ping, that tells me that it isn’t an ISP issue.

5 Likes

Same issue. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it’s not an IPS issue simply because I know of 4 others all with diff ISPs from me who have the same issue.

2 Likes

Its the sharding tech just randomly failing. Ill have no visual mount on screen run over the boarder and I’m on a mount and everything works again. When I go back over the board a few mins later I’m dealing with the exact same issues. No spells, animations, no resource generating or points and meanwhile I end up dead to the mob.

Sheesh, im not even on during peak time and dealing with this issue. Not to mention my server isn’t very busy anyways.

As for the Blue, reset home, new computer, fresh install with no mods with no packet loss and no DNS to flush…