Weird Lag In-Game and Sound Missing

Hi,

Today I logged in and game was fine. Dislogged and got an update on Battle.net App. Not sure the size of it (just saw that a game update for WOW started after I logged out).
Well. Came back to play and now I getting some weird lags in-game, sometimes the sound of my skills went missing (lagging) and a lot of seconds after I heard them.
Noticed that the Green Circle of “Gama Data Being Download” appears sometimes and at the system info (with ping, memory of addons, etc) appeards Download 0%.
Already Ran and Scan and Repair, and nothing happened. Logged without any addons and the problems continues. Pretty much can’t play the game.

Decided to test on my notebook (since I haven’t download SL pre 20GB content) Game went fine (with all addons and same stuff as PC).

Hope you can help me.

2 Likes

My sound is gone too… don’t expect any resolution- There is a similar thread and nothing but crickets.

1 Like

Wow! since yesterday I was seeing the forums here and I didn’t see any topic about it, I was thinking it was just me that was happening because I asked my friends in the guild, none said was having this bizarre error.

Some times the game just freezes for <= 5 seconds and all of sudden came back to normal

1 Like

I’d appreciate a blue reply =)

still having this issue on my end

I uninstalled and reinstalled NO change…

Did you downloaded the 20GB part (after you install the retail?)
Cause I blocked it (my suspicious is that this is the one causing it).
And I uninstalled all versions of WOW too (retail, classic, beta, ptr)

I uninstalled WoW and Battle.net APP. Deleted all remaining folders and stuff.
Did a clean in registry too, to avoid missing stuff.
Installed WoW Retail again. I did NOT downloaded the pre-patch.
Seems to be working fine. Not lagging anymore, and sound is working too.

At my Game Menu tooltip (with addons and ping) I still have a line:
Download 0% complete
But game looks like be running ok.

still having it! Blizzard???

I have this problem now too. The lag spikes are so bad that in throne of thunder on the dark animus fight a multi-shot at the start lagged me out for so long they killed me. I switched to DX11 and the lag spikes seem to be gone so far but the sound issues are still happening.

Tried running with no addons and the problem still happens. Updated drivers for both video and sound. Changed sound settings in both WoW and Windows, no change. I also am seeing the green update swirl in-game even tho I have pause updates while in-game checked and it says everything is up to date on the desktop client. Ran the scan and repair as well.

RTX2060 I5 6600k 32gb ram.

Changed windows sound quality to 16 bit, 48,000Hz. So far it seems better.