Weird Highlight around character

Since beta my characters have a yellow outline around them depending on the viewing angle. No graphics settings helps. Anyone else having this problem.

1 Like

thats called a findyourself highlight if its just a yellow line around them. download the addon advancedinterfacesettings addon and do a search for findyourself in the cvar browser and turn off some of the settings.

if you are seeing stuff around you overly bright or just the lack of shading on your character, other characters, and objects, well thats an issue with blizzards engine and their attempt to add ray tracing to TBC and we need Blizzard to fix it.

Ill check the cvars, but im assuming its just the ray tracing implementation. Looks normal on classic era and shadowlands, just the beta and BCC client. Thanks

some of the values got changed when switching because TBC is using the Retail/Shadowlands framework but is hiding settings from users to give it the look and feel of classic TBC. Its actually kind of weird how they are choosing to do this all.

1 Like

Same issue

1 Like

Im having this too!! Its been bugging the heck out of me because I’ve never seen something like this before and NO idea why its been going on!

if its a highlight like OP said then you can change the CVARS…if however its a shading issue and your character and other characters are overly bright with no shading…thats an issue with Blizzards shading and we need them to fix it.

I edited the cvars, didn’t help. Like johndeere is saying, its just a lighting/shading issue. Hopefully it get fixed.

1 Like

I really hope it does get a fix!

well they announced its a known problem in their list of issues with TBC but they also stated they are not guaranteeing that they will ever fix it. so there you go.

1 Like

Yay for it being recognized! Also, where can i find the list of known issues? Im curious what else they have going on, lol.

blue post at the very top of all possible posts in the blizzard section. you will see one marked known issues for TBC and some others on lists that show you what people think are errors but not actually errors.

1 Like

Try this:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-251-known-issues-may-18-2021/967887/4

1 Like

Thank you very, very much!!

I’ve been getting random yellow/green spots that aren’t anchored to my character but are randomly on the ground around my character and move when I pan my camera. Not sure if this what others are seeing but it’s been happening often to me.

1 Like