Weird FPS Issues

So I’m really not sure why this is happening, but it only happens whenever I try and play at my apartment. This happened the last time I tried to play at my apartment as well, and this time it happened after a few days of being able to play without a problem. Whenever I log in, my FPS just drops significantly. Like 10-15 FPS compared to about 60. I have no clue why this happens, I’ve tried restarting my mac, switching networks, restarting the game, and nothing has worked. It works completely fine when I’m at my house, so I don’t know why switching locations would have any affect whatsoever on FPS.

Hey, Spøon! Thanks for the details here! It’s definitely interesting that changing locations seems to be the cause for the FPS drops. Typically, connection shouldn’t cause an issue with performance in WoW, but there may have been some changes on the backend where connection might be the culprit. The same thing happens with some of our other games like with Heroes.

When you’re at your apartment, does using an alternative connection or VPN help with the FPS issues? If so, could you include a pathping test running for 10-15 minutes?

Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Also just a few questions for you:

• Whats the ISP for the house and apartment?
  • What’s the router/modem model in the apartment?
  • Does the apartment complex have a shared connection included?
  • How far is the house and apartment from each other?

It sounds as though you’re using a laptop (or do you have have desktop systems at both home and apartment locations)?

Is there a noticeable temperature difference between the interior of the apartment (city?) and house (leafy suburbs?). My 27-inch iMac has certainly been running hotter since outdoor temperatures at my (single) location have been > 30 C (86 F), despite the airco being on.

Particularly if you’re using a laptop with only integrated graphics, CPU-based thermal throttling may affect your experience.