Weird Al megathread

Yeah its a classic and I remember like 3 or so yrs ago the kids started to replay it over the radio requests lol.

1 Like

Oops forgot to include a song that i like (well aside from all of em lol)

Not my fav but i love White Stripes so it’s up there for me

Amish paradise

Ever heard this version?

1 Like

I never heard the saga begins, that’s awesome!

2 Likes
1 Like

Since my old, worn-out eyes have trouble distinguishing between a lowercase L and an uppercase I, I’ve decided to thread-jack this with a Weird AI post.

ya know I saw this thread and had a micro panic attack fearing the worst . . . sigh of relief

Anhywho . . . Jurassic Park

I think of that song anytime I read “I could care less” from people. The lil Weird Al in my head just goes “That means you do care. At least a little.”

Another fav is when he was in my little pony

I had such a goofy smile when I first watched this episode lol

1 Like

The nice thing is a LOT of musicians see it as a badge of honor if Al wants to make a parody of one of their songs.

3 Likes

The only artist to turn him down was Prince.

Yes weird Al is cool.

But Primus sucks.

The best thing about Amish Paradise was one of the times I saw Weird Al in concert (I’ve gotten to see him three times! :smiley: ) there was a deaf person in the front row and they had two hand signers for the person. The two were both amazing and were swapping every other song and both were super getting into it. When he played Amish Paradise, the hand signer doing that one signed it while doing a gangster lean and such. LOL It was AWESOME! I almost spent as much time watching the hand signers as I did the show itself. :smiley:

3 Likes

Vivianne Medrano wanted him to voice Lucifer inHazbin Hotel. I can’t picture the devil sounding like the guy who sang “Still Billy Joel to Me.”

That’s great :heart_eyes_cat:. I’ve only had the chance to see him in concert once, when I took my sister in '08. I love Amish Paradise (actually, Bad Hair Day is my favorite of his albums and the first I bought on CD though I had In 3D, Even Worse, and Alapalooza on cassette at the time)…but, though the image on the video I linked shows Amish Paradise ('cause this particular version of the song is from the Amish Paradise single and not Bad Hair Day), the song is actually The Night Santa Went Crazy, which remains my favorite of his to this day.

1 Like
1 Like

After The Night Santa Went Crazy, probably my 2nd and 3rd favorites from Weird Al are

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes